Customer Support Disappointment

Hello I don’t think that am the only one but there is a vet bug issue with the support system if this game , am waiting to get a reply to a problem that have ingame and the estimated time is 9 days to get a reply … Ofc non has contact me or fix the problem , I report a bug in sod with an NPC and the support team told me to visit wowhead for the solution that it was obvious that some GM had to go there and fix it … I think it would be legit to be more active and solving the problems that players reporting you since it’s a game that many ppl paying to play it

2 Likes

Unfortunately a GM can’t help with bugs, I know that isn’t the answer you are looking for. Bugs have to be fixed by Devs and we can only submit those in game via bug reports. You don’t get a response, but they do go to the right place. Some things are fixed quickly and other times are less of a priority or simply hard to replicate making it difficult to fix them.

Having said that I think we are all aware of how the customer support experience has changed over the years. I didn’t personally mind when a GM no longer contacted you in game and we just got responses sent to us. Especially as most things didn’t really need you to talk to a GM. They could just get on with it and let you know when it was done.

Blizzard has been through a few layoffs now and it’s great if you just need something you can self service but if you need GM intervention/assistance you are facing a challenge to get someone who reads your ticket and helps you. The golden standard has definitely slipped. We’ve all seen the news that Microsoft will probably outsource the support it can.

There is nothing more frustrating than getting some response telling you to go check wowhead. I realise there are a lot of players who don’t check or even google before they make a ticket but I do. Waiting many days to be given a response like that just feels insulting. So then you have to go for the ‘I still have a problem’ option and that ticket is escalated to someone hopefully higher up the support chain.

Having said that there are plenty of people clogging up the ticket system with things that support can’t help with, or people making multiple tickets. None of these things help the people trying to get support :(.

1 Like

I made a ticket for being unable to complete a quest because the required mobs are being botted 24/7. I received a response asking me to log out and if that doesn’t work, abandon the quest and start it again.

Quality service. I feel actually insulted.

2 Likes

if its anything pre dragonflight you can always make a free alt on another account on your battle net inv it to a party and activate party sync, sometimes that helps.

That is not something they can assist with. As Eredarling suggests there are workarounds in Retail like going WM on or off, using Chromie time, leaving Chromie time, getting invited to another shard etc.

We can report bots, right click one of them and report. It’s a constant battle against botting account unfortunately.

What quest are you trying to complete?

The OP is having issues in SoD so none of those suggestions would help them.

A lot of people make a lot of tickets about things that GMs can’t solve and the first response is usually an automatic one depending on the category you use for the ticket (or so it has seemed for me). If none of the suggestions work (or if you’ve already done them) then you can reopen the ticket and explain in detail exactly what you’ve tried and what happened when you did and you will hopefully get a ‘real’ response.

To be fair, what did you expect a GM to do?

I had roughly a dozen tickets since the start if legion, in legion they were answered by humans, in bfa it went roughly 50-50, since bfa i have not had a single ticket that received any meaningful answer, only AI generated **** that had nothing to do with my ticket.

So don’t keep your hopes up for any actual response

2 Likes

To mark this quest completed so that I could move on. This is a part of old Garrison quest where you get the Savage Yard. The oil slimes I need drops from are being killed over and over.
And yes, it is indeed very old content but I haven’t completed the entire Draenor campaign and I’d like to do so.

GM are not developers .sure they can pass on information to development team but they themselves cannot fix it .
And it is developer perogative as to when they get to it and fix it .

Gm cannot do that .

From my experience from past years, yes they can. They have done so a couple of times when a quest was bugged and thus impossible to complete.

They don’t read first ticket they auto send u to wowhead, only if u reopen ur ticket they may read it.

No gm comes to your game and talk to you in real time now .

And how is this relevant? I’m not asking for a friendly chat and a pat on my head, I just want to get this quest done or marked as “done” so I can move on. As I said, this has been possible before, even without meeting a gm personally. If it’s not possible anymore then I’m out of luck and might as well walk out permanently.

This is relevant because what you are talking about is from past .gm dont have such luxury now .the best they can do is pass that info to developer and that is if they acknowledge the problem and pass it on .

But the quest is not bugged. This isn’t a game issue preventing you from completing it, which is when they can sometimes force completion or a step for you.

No one is saying you aren’t having trouble but do try some of the suggestions to work around the bots. Bot report investigations take time and many just start new accounts the moment they are banned sadly.

1 Like

My latest ticket response had some interesting sentences in it. I’m 50/50 on it being either some random outsourced worker with no clue about the game, or an AI generated nonsense response.

The first odd thing was “There are a lot of goblins running around.” randomly plastered between two sentences, with zero context.

Next was “I Would like to give you a warm Welcome back, we’re so glad to have you back to World of Warcraft universe ^_^”, which makes no sense because I’ve had a running sub uninterrupted since mid Legion.

And the last weird thing the GM said was “Please note that any looted items go straight to your mailbox”, which is straight up wrong.

Given the amount of grammatical errors in the response I’d wager it was an outsourced worker who can barely speak English and has never played the game. I doubt an AI would make this many mistakes, and it would have likely given a better response too.

In any case, awful experience and nothing was resolved.

This is a terrible response.
You are literally defending blizzard giving a worse service than before.

If you want to defend their actions on other bases, do that, don’t say “you should be happy with less than what they used to offer”.

Game price is for the game
Sub price is for the ongoing stuff

Customer service is 100% in the “ongoing stuff” camp. So why should we be okay with getting less for the same price?

I don’t think they are able/allowed to do that any more. You can try reopening the ticket, but I don’t think it would get the answer you want. You need to try some of the suggestions in this thread to avoid the bots.

1 Like

I have a ticket open for 3 weeks now
There’s an item that bugs out my inventory and turns other items in the same bag invisible, nothing I can resolve on my own.
Yet I got a response on another ticket after 3 days while the status of the other one’s still the same. Kinda frustrating

God forbid .gm gave you steps that you could follow to solve the problem .