Customizable Entropic Embrace skins

Oh I sleep perfectly every night, I don’t need help for that, thanks for worrying :hugs:

Glad someone does, I generally need a few gin’s before I do, else I wake up at 4 in the morning and feel the need to ‘Do all the things!’.

I -believe- I saw a post on Wowhead saying that the 9.1.5 customisations were coming with this week’s maintenance, so hopefully overnight between Tuesday and Wednesday for us European folks…(Brexit is just a phase, we’ll get over it when we get rid of the idiots!)

I wouldn’t mind seeing everyone’s glorious shots if it happens then…just in one thread obviously :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

XD

Have you tried counting sheeps? :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait, what?! 9.1.5 is going live this week? :open_mouth: Do you have the link for that??

GRRRR, It’s -Sheep- not -Sheeps- It’s like Worgen, It’s worgen, both singular and plural! But more seriously, it doesn’t make you go to sleep. “Why does this sheep look different from the last sheep?” “Oh it’s wearing a saddle,” “why is it wearing a saddle?” “Because Dwarves…” "But they ride Rams, What’s the difference, they have sort of curly horns, " “Right, do you want the dream about Robot Dinosaurs invading Earth and you having to hide under cars to avoid them until you get to Sainsbury’s which is inexplicably open, despite this global apocalypse, and you being chased around the supermarket by a man with a tea-towel on his head, covering his face?”

“Yeah, can I have that one, that was pretty cool, I picked up some deli ham and some cans of coke and cider, and used a trolley to fend off tea-towel man, I was like Chuck Norris but drunk…”

“Right, that’s the dream you’re getting…when I let you go to sleep, but first, which animal would be scariest if it could fly and go invisible?”

“Oh man, I’m going to have to think about that…all night…”
“That’s right.”
“I might have another gin, that’s a real poser…”

They took it down, so I’m guessing it ain’t true, which is disappointing…

That’s wrong. It’s not plural, it’s transgender ram.

Ohhh!!

32 years of my life speaking English only to notice now LOL

I grew up in an American environment, do you know if that could be an Americanism by any chance? Or maybe it’s just me that I never cared to pay attention to the plural form of “sheep” x)

Anyway, thanks for the heads up!

And yes, counting sheep isn’t effective for me either. Meditation does work for me, though, whenever I have insomnia. Just trying to focus on my breathing, and nothing else. Like, not trying to “control” your thoughts, cause that’s impossible lol, but just letting your brain think whatever it needs to think and naturally going back to focusing on your breathing… and in just a few minutes I fall asleep.

… or maybe it’s true, and that’s why they took it down precisely… :eyes:

We’ll see.

I…don’t know to be honest, if it is an Americanism, I shall have to ask my younger cousins some time, they grew up in Texas (Someone has to :stuck_out_tongue: )

But yeah, it is a peculiarity of language, Because English is bloody stupid at times, but exists in Warcaft as well, Humans is a word, Dwarves is a word, Gnomes is a word, Kul Tirans is a word, Mechagnomes is a word, as are Orcs, Trolls, Goblins , no, don’t ask me why, I didn’t make these rules.

Then you get Elves, ones that are singular and plural. For example Elf is singular, Elves is plural, -but- the names in their own tongue are both, so Kaldorei, Sin’dorei, Quel’dorei, Ren’dorei, Shaldorei can be singular and plural

Then you have the ones that are both like Draenei, Worgen, Tauren, Undead (Or Forsaken) Pandaren, Vulpera and Zandalari

Like I say, English is bloody stupid at times…

Weird fact, the names of larger animals bred in farms are from the language, Anglo-Saxon(So Germanic) or Old English, so those who did the -farming-, whereas the name of the meat from them is a derivation of French (Or the Norman version of French) so the nobility who -ate- the food ever since 1066

So Sheep (Old English) became ‘Mutton’, from ‘Moutan’
Cow, (Old English) from ‘Kuh’ became Beef, after 'Boeuf in French
Pigs, or Swine (Old English) became Pork, from ‘Porque’

We’re weird, what can I say…

1 Like

It’s a secret cult that exploded once Alleria Windrunner embraced the mantle of the Void.

I’m reminding everyone in this thread about Fen’s new updated OP, with straightforward visual examples of what we want:

You mentioned Old English. The reason why the plural of sheep doesn’t have an ‘s’ is probably because it’s a neuter noun in OE.

1 Like

Yep, that would be it. I mean ultimately the English language is like a savage mongrel of a beast, much like it’s people, Part Latin/Romance language, part Germanic language, part Norse language, part Celtic, and then we keep stealing words from all the places we colonised at some point. ‘Bungalow, Jamboree, Safari,’ etc etc…

No wonder it has so many dichotomies. It is like the languages of the world all got drunk at a party, made a bad lifestyle choice, and English is the lovechild as a result…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.