Customizable Entropic Embrace skins

Oh I never said anything of the sort, I think Mechagnomes need more attention before!

Yeah, it is, but for some reason I tried to share the link to the picture, it is Maya Antares, but when she is doing some serious Void looking stuff.
Hmm, if you type http, then the old www thing, then writeups(dot)org/wp-content/uploads/Maya-Antares-Red-Star-Image-Comics-shields-h (with a dot and a jpg) at the end

Ahh, That’s it, now picture it in purple, with a bit more spikes to it, jagged and such. It only surrounds the character, so like EE anyway, but that’s what I kind of meant by ‘fractal’…

1 Like

Gawds but this no posting links is a proper pain in the bum sometimes…

1 Like

https://www.writeups.org/wp-content/uploads/Maya-Antares-Red-Star-Image-Comics-shields-h.jpg

This one?

Yeah, so that, but in Void colouring (Not good Commie Red colouring :smiley: ) and with the writing effects being more Void, less cyrillic, but with it spitting out fractal spikes for visual effect…

1 Like

I love that idea!!

It reminds me of that other suggestion I read on the US forums, that Void energies should “emanate” from the body during EE.

Pretty much that, by the time they can ‘control’ their powers, the Void Elf character is pretty much the agent of Chaos, Destruction and Entropy, so it makes sense it would be a very personal effect, and keeping it like that means it wouldn’t even impinge on people’s displays during raids and stuff, but it would look hecka cool.

1 Like

I’m going to relay this to Fenelon’s Void Elf megathread on the US forums, if you don’t mind.

I’ll link your post directly to him so he can include it among the rest of the suggestions.

Thanks! :smiley:

I’m fine with Entropic Embrace as it is currently, at most I would suggest a few different colours but only colours that would represent void as its seen in WoW.

1 Like

Sure, no worries, go for it, I like spitballing ideas.

‘The Red Star’ is an amazing graphic novel series by the way, with some beautiful imagery in it, that’s just the one that sprung to mind.

1 Like

Brigante, you’re well-regarded in the US! :smiley:

1 Like

Blimey…wonder who it was…Heh cheers for that…

2 Likes

I’d say it is time that we both, Horde and Alliance, gather and kill off all void elves because their madness has no limits. Introducing velves to the game was a mistake.

Not really though. Yes, they came out of nowhere, but to a certain extent, sometimes these things have to. Examples being the Draenei (Not the Eredar, we knew them as Demons like Archimonde however, but the ‘Good’ Eredar that call themselves Draenei)
The Blood Elves (We know why they -left- the Alliance, but suddenly in TBC they were trying to join the Horde, it makes sense, but still out of the blue)

A lot of the races in fact, did come out of nowhere, as new continents were discovered, and worlds, the Void Elves are just the latest in a long tradition of races introduced and people going “X race was a mistake”.

A Criticism commonly levelled is that they have no lore. Umm, they do? Up until very recently they have exactly the same lore as Blood Elves, because they -were- Blood Elves. The Scourge invasion, Kael’thas, the Sunwell, the Mana hunger, that’s all Void Elf lore as well! They have just as much lore as Blood Elves do, and they’re a core race!
We can even pinpoint where the divergence occurred. We know the Void Elves to be, were Blood Elves during the Scourge invasion, We know they were Blood Elves in the immediate Aftermath. It is a little vague as to when Rommath forbade Umbric’s cult to follow their research, but we know it is after Dark’han Drathir’s Treachery came common knowledge, as Umbric realises who’s notes it is, that they have been working from during the starting Void Elf character quests and goes “Uh Oh, Now I can see why Rommath was in such a bad mood about this, we better be -reeeeeeaaalllly- careful…”
They were still Blood Elves at that point. Exiled ones, sure, but still Blood Elves.

We can pinpoint when they stopped being Blood Elves, and when they became Void Elves.
By BfA it had happened, they were Void Elves and recruited into the Alliance. Given the starting quests, they were saved by Alleria and (The Player). Alleria was not on Azeroth until Sargeras got called away and planted the sword in Silithis. So we know that up until the very end, the absolute end of Legion, Void Elf lore and Blood Elf lore are the same thing.
So they’ve only really had BfA (Which they do feature in) to actually strut their stuff. They’re not highlighted in Shadowlands because, well, No Race is!

It is a bit early to say they were a mistake, when we just haven’t seen them get any exposition plotwise…

Also it’s just nice not everything having to be about the bloody Light as per usual…

1 Like

Personally, I always thought Void Elves were a take from the Sunfury Blood Elves on Outland, who were indeed, studying the Void, under Astromancer Solarian.

Now that’s probably a lot of bs, as Blizzard have probably forgotten who Solarian is, but that’s my view.

1 Like

I agree, as a void elf main, I do appreciate the upcoming customizations (I want my black hair) but this is really going out of hand and brings the negative connotation that “void elf fans are never happy or satisfied”.

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN9OTSoasSk&t=12s&ab_channel=Narfmonster

Indeed, Solarian would’ve been a great character to use in the Allied Race introduction scenario.

I bet devs totally forgot about her :frowning:

You think it’s cringe to say hi to someone in particular?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

No I think its cringe to try and suck up to community mangers to try and get your ideas into the game.

Oh, it’s a good thing no one here tried to do that, though.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.