Dagran's future

So, Blizz are still sticking with the idea of Moira girlbossing this soyboy pseudo-dwarf to lead the whole dwarven society in the future?

1 Like

Nah, they are probably sticking with the idea of Anduin ruling the whole Alliance, making racial “leaders” irrelevant anyways. Dagran is just our new “super smart guy” to give us quests and exposition on any topic.

Wait until Thralls son grows up and pursues his passion of belly dancing and crossdressing, were not done subverting the masculine tropes of every fantasy race just yet.

2 Likes

That one got a pass, because his name means “fool” in russian. Shouldn’t expect much from him anyway.

2 Likes

What the fig.

You are aware that he’s a teen, right? And that she’s his mom?

1 Like

I am, why?

How the hell is a teen interacting with his mother in a somewhat normal fashion being a “soyboy pseudo-dwarf?”

No idea, I wasn’t commenting on his interactions with Moira specifically.

Erm, you actually did “Moira girlbossing this soyboy pseudo-dwarf”, those were your words =)

Now speaking of your question, I attribute his “mild” character so far to him being too young + a book worm. I do hope that spending more time with his Grandpapa Magni and inheriting genes of both Magni and Dark Iron Emperor would give him a bit more of a character in the future.

1 Like

Moira is a good mom, and Dagran is simply an arcane scholar. Spoiler: Dark Irons mostly happen to be Mages, Priests, and Rogues. Moira was also never a warrior, that’s why Magni didn’t accept her, and why she started to like Dagran Thaurissan I. Just seems you have a very shallow understanding of the story.

I did, yes. And yes, there’s nothing about him interacting with Moira there.
It was about Moira interacting with him. In a quite stereotypical way of a mama-hen with her baby-boy. Which is perfectly justifiable and appropriate for some light-hearted american sitcom. Not so much placed near the center of world-ending event in a high fantasy setting about knights, mages, demons and such, which is why I used the words I used. Him being a teen and her being his mom is not an exuse and matters not. I hope this clarifies my position.

I hope you’re right, but I have my fingers crossed so much it hurts.

Dark Irons. Y’know, they have “Dark” for a reason. Moira had potential, she was scheming, ambitious and sometimes outright menacing, now she is just another faceless woman who is great at everything. As for her son, you can swap his in-game model to a murloc and it wouldn’t make a difference.
My understanding of the story may be shallow, but it can never be as shallow as writers working at this characters.

True, because they are named after the volcanic Dark Iron that is mined from Blackrock Mountain.

So the reason you mentioned is… the rock’s colour.

:neutral_face:

Considering you’re saying that with that level of certainty… do you have a source on that? I mean, the dark irons started as one of Ironforge’s tribes, not in the Blackrock mountains. The mountain itself was only created at the conclusion of the war of three hammers. So… I’d need a source beside the name to be that certain myself, since the iron might as well have been named after the dwarves. Or independent of them, considering the name doesn’t exactly need much imagination…

Apart from that it’s an argument that’s thoroughly missing the point of established racial characters that was made, but that’s not mine to defend. I’m just kinda peeved by that “acktschually”-misfire here.

It believe it was in the RPG-lore somewhere that the clan’s name was connected to the mineable dark iron ore - which always made sense to me, after all, we’re talking about Dwarves. :thinking:

After researching it, I see that my information wasn’t up to date, so… touché.
I guess, I just couldn’t imagine that they’d pull another “Blackrock” thing where it’s just a coincidence that a clan’s name happens to fit a type of rock or stone, even though they’re apparently… not connected to each other, storywise. :grimacing:

That said, I “missed the point” intentionally, as much as Tavorick’s “Dark for a reason” argumentation did. I just couldn’t take a person seriously that uses phrases like

unironically.

Well, I tried. :man_shrugging:

I’m going to repeat myself, but if Anduin ends up pissing in his pants due to being scared, some blizzboys here will end up explaining how it’s perfectly normal to be that scared in the given situation and how people who would complain about it will probably piss themselves too.

Yeah, he is that pathetic, the personnification of the :nerd_face: emote. As if we did not have enough pseudo-wise/knowledgeable men who stand in the backlines.

When Anduin was younger, people complained that he was too pure, too soft, not a warrior and should be “a real man” like Varian, who one-hitted a killer robot

When he grew into his role as king and was on the battlefield in Legion and BfA, people complained that he was too powerful with his Light powers, one-hitting an Azerite killer robot (can you imagine?!)

Now, that Blizzard has given him some edges and flaws to work through, turned him into a more mature character who’s trying to work through PTSD and to find himself, people complain that he is too soft and pathetic.

Even though he’s never scared of his enemies or hesitant to attack an enemy out of fear during the TWW campaign. There’s even one scene where he starts to attack a void creature with simply his sword, after failing to summon the Light (what a pussy!). In another scene, that’s reminiscent of Varian’s death, he jumps into a group of enemies to enable us to fly away with an airship. That coward!

But that doesn’t count.
After all, we want a flawless, perfect character - but he should also be flawed. A real man, that never struggles and always dominates others, but also has problems and setbacks, to stay relatable! We also want him to be powerful, but… not too powerful, you know, just the way < playername > likes it! Come on, Blizzard, it’s not that hard!

Blizzard really can’t win with this character. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Indeed. When people reject the character from his flawed premise onwards, it’s a waste of everyone’s time to try to sell him, when there are so many characters that don’t carry the same baggage that they could push. I don’t want Anduin as a masculine action hero. I don’t want Anduin, period.

Edit:
To be clear, I don’t expect them cater to me, or others that dislike Anduin. But the point is that it is wasteful to use Anduin as a spotlight character to cater to me, when I already rejected him and would rather see other characters. If they use him, they can’t win with me.

Funny thing, I actually quite liked Anduin as well as his dynamic with Faerin, up until the point when he vowed to save nerubians. After that I just can’t take him seriously anymore.