Damage balance

We seriously need to have a look at the balances we have here, not between classes but in general damage per hit terms.

If you look at damage most classes fall within 2k bracket at top and bottom gaps.
Its the profile of that damage that is the issue.

Several abilities need larger adjustments as the damage is simply too high. You are removing deathbolt stating its damage is unavoidable in a single hit as an example.

Well then can we look at (PVP SPECIFIC, not a complete list):

Condemn - too High damage /should be physical
Touch of death - damage too high
Ferocious bite - too high damage
Aimed shot - got over buffed for pvp
Rapid fire - again over buffed pvp
Kill shot - procs should have 50% damage from flayed shot.

Above is just a small list, we shouldn’t really be having abilities taking over 40% HP in single Strikes, I still don’t know how some classes get these pruned off fast yet others ride for months with no changes.

Classes need to get strengths and weaknesses back a bit more, some classes seem to have no downside with massive damage and good survivability.
That creates problems in pvp and people all just move to these classes quite often.

2 Likes

But all the warriors will cry if they die to mages again!

And the mages will cry if they die to hunters again!

My super duper champion of the world of warcraft cannot have any weakness and all my abilities should do 100% of enemy hp in damage each hit.

^Thoughts from snowflakes. Probably.

1 Like

Blizz laughing at dks.

Dk actually probably isn’t in a bad spot if some of the mad burst which is actually mad got taken off the table.

I know some burst is good for pvp to secure kills but it’s got absurd and will be worse with 2 leggos, best to fix now not wait for it to destroy the game then fix after the fact when more leave.

1 Like

How these abilities came first to your mind? Condemnd ? :smiley:

Well moves that require little to no setup and are almost unavoidable.

I dont mind high hitting moves that require some sort of setup, that’s the point.
There needs to be a tradeoff to get that burst or it starts to overpower the game and mechanics.

Even i as a demo think that bust meta is just wrong, sure for me my setup takes some time and i’m vulnerable for CC during that time, but still, damage numbers of burst meta is just unhealthy for the game

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.