Damage reduction = Garbage

Wha… Locks should be happy for this change. We are control class with dots. Really SOD made you guys forget how to play your class.

Yea I can grief people now even harder as demonology while it takes for some poor guy 1 minute of attacking me, only to not make a dent and die. Its very fun for both parties for sure

As a warrior i love this.

:joy::joy: what you even saying here. Going full minute without oom. I have 1.9k mana and costs 100 mana every dispel while also need to use mana for other stuff. Where did you learn math? There is no efficiently when healing is on a 2.5 sec timer, that’s why I said from the beginning: nerf instant healing. Learn to read

Doesn’t change the fact that ranged damage is still good while even being able to offheal makes them broken and needs a nerf on instant healing like I said

I hardly believe you’re going oom before you kill someone afk. I’ve fought against mages and locks yesterday and they had a good mana pool and didn’t go oom, not even when I was healing

nah the only one here that delusional is you thinking sod pvping mean anything

not really , retail pvp is much more balance than sods , yes you have broken stuff but not at the same lvl as sod

sod pvping is another lvl of broken compared to other expes , and its coming from pvper perspective

i can agree on that one , an 25% red is lazy solution yes , but a solution non the less

This change is utter dog, the issue are healers being close to unkillable and have NORMAL scaling unlike damage which is halfed.

I would rather have the burst meta than this.

2 Likes

You are the one that should learn to read. I said spamming only cleanse.

I literally tested this outside orgrimmar. If you fight a bear inside a BG you can’t get him past 40% with direct spells. If I use dots and a pet? Yea, people die with me spending only 30% mana.

Do we really want an only dot meta?

Well the problem here is that Blizz doesnt really care about pvp, they dont play pvp themselves,i think the devs team goes Sunken once a week max.Fixing 1 shot meta with just adding 50% flat damage is such a no effort move,they didnt even want to think, just BOOM get ur - 50% and be happy,really?If you cant do smth properly than dont even start please.

So much skill issue in one single thread.

Some dude ranting about casters going oom.
Druid’s Wild Growth costs like 20% of a druids whole mana pool, but I guess they got no mana issues.

One-shot meta is only for the simple-minded who can’t press more than 2 buttons.
PvP is supposed to be about skill. Knowing when to cc, which isn’t just stuns (I know most people here will get mind-blown by this statement). It is also about interrupts, dispels/purges, making pressure on enemy resources.

Sure, one-shot meta is fun for those with skill equal, or very close to, zero.
But that is the purpose of PvE, not PvP. In PvP your skill should be the main point to make you be successful. And from what I can read here, way too many people are severely lacking in that regard.

1 Like

Ohh so when my riptide solo outheals 3 warlock dots thats the skill issue for warlock,got you bro,they just should l2p.Healer survivng solo vs 2 people just hotting himself -l2 play noobs,the healer is just too good.Nice point mate.

If only warlock had a spell to pressure your mana while helping their own mana pool.

Oh wait

Wana come duel my elem mate,i bet you will enjoy it now,so we can see what the skill issue?<3 After all if you can’t kill a target with heal u are just bad - right?

1 Like

inb4 “its not a 1v1 game”

Lmao, the classic “mine’s bigger” post.
Sure, because the whole pvp is about duels. Except for 99% of the whole pvp, that is.

And yes, I can duel you, btw.

Well u said its easy to counter healers,well its not.Bgs are even worse now,u have 2 priests and a paly on enemy team u know its 7 min mid fight with 5 kills.So how is it more fun to play without killing blows?

Where did I say that?
I said PvP is about skill, so nothing really should be easy to do in PvP is kind of my whole point.

And do as some players (the ones with skill) do: go for the healers

If I’m full mana I cant use cleansing for a whole min non stop, like youre claiming. I can use it once per 1.5 sec, so I don’t know how many math classes you skipped, but you can definitely not spam 40 cleansing a min, it’s 19 dispells which takes 28 seconds to do (if non stop) before going oom and that would be unrealistically to spend mana on. Rets going oom now insanely fast in group fights too

What i see on bgs now is: the same skilless people as it was a week ago,but now its impossibe to kill a healer.So the only thing changed is - healers became god mode.

1 Like

Exactly this. I have said in another discussion, that this is not solution and will amplify the issues in pvp, not gona make it better. It is simply a flat dmg reduction, which makes the broken classes even more broken and low preforming classes and specs even worse. Maybe if it was redusing damage+healing+absorb+CC duration, we would have some good solution, but some classes and specs will still have to look at.
Those who do a lots of dmg will still do more compared to those who do less with the same ratio, but adding to that healind and damage mitigating abilityes which are not affected will give some specs way to recover easily.
It is a poor way to balance, and was obvious that not gonna work. It is simple math.
I am not saying that 1 shot meta was good, it’s just as bad too.
Runes have to look into, that is what makes most of the mess.
Peace!

1 Like

Its hell a lot easier if damage is so low that it takes for someone 30 seconds to die while they stand still, not to mention slower pace means more room to make mistakes since they aren’t as punishing, thus actually lowering the skill requirement. There isn’t enough CC for outplays, there isn’t anything going on at the moment.

I must be the best player in the world right now for autofelacioing myself with felguard sac and nobody being able to kill me with this change. At least before I could get nuked down, warriors would murder me as this dumb spec. Now I just autohit melee warriors to death while they seethe because this is actually harder to kill than soul link. Where before I would kill priests by executing well timed bursts alongside CCs, now I just have to drain the poor fool for 2 minutes while he slowly dies. When before I would die in a rogue’s full stunlock if I didnt seduce, and then execute proper chains with CC alongside burst damage to secure a clutch win, now I can survive the full stunlock safely without trinketting, haunt and drain, and suddenly I’m ok and the fight is turned hard. Pinnacle of skilled gameplay

1 Like