Damage Reduction in PVP: Key Observations

Berny tested all day, and observed how the Damage Reduction for PvP works. Here be the key notes:

1. Strong classes are now stronger
  2. Weak classes are now weaker
  3. Shadow priest damage is manageable, but are much much harder to take down and therefore better than before
  4. Elemental, enhancement, and warlocks are nearly unkillable against other classes
  5. Drain mana, mana burn, and viper sting are more powerful
  6. Fights become very drawn-out, and the strongest classes before are even tougher to kill now
  7. Tanks are insanely hard to kill
  8. Berny plays boomie and must be fair - boomkin damage right now is very low however boomkin tankiness is too much

Berny proposes Blizzard do not do any global pvp damage reductions and instead focus on classes individually.
Shadow priests for example could receive a damage nerf, but that may result in a pve dps loss. Instead, nerfs to self-healing and survivability are preferable.
Shamans are by far stronger than any other class or spec.

20 Likes

hunter dmg and viper sting are the things that shine out the most imo with dmg nerf multishot still regularly crits for 1k this cant be right for a instacast 40y aoe spell

4 Likes

As many people have suggested, they can receive damage nerfs while getting buffed overall through ramping mechanics.

1 Like

Completely possible and preferable. Berny go and update list.

Just played warrior and didn’t had them same impressions. I also don’t really care about 1vs1s warlocks and co

Pets get no health buff or DR and still die in 2 globals.
I was hyped to check if BM got better but I guess the meta is about spamming viper sting from 41y away in MM spec. Great gameplay.

3 Likes

Thanks Blizzard, after so many years I finally quit. Yes, I know, that you don’t care. But u r also not the same company I loved.
P.S. Hire someone competent if anyone still wants to work for you.

7 Likes

They should bring the dmg to 25% reduced instead of 50%. and also make the healing 25% reduced. cus right now you cant kill healers with same healing amount but 50% reduced dmg taken.

3 Likes

don’t touch my healing. find another solution.
remove the dmg reduction aura if you have to, but don’t touch healing, you could break the game.

if they nerf healing as a result of their dumb dmg aura fail its an instant gg i quit for me and many others.

Berny is top g

1 Like

Yeah as MM Hunter I send my Pet in to get Frenzy stacks and he dies in about 2.3 seconds. Kinda garbage.

2 Likes

Good, quit.
The game is currently broken because healing hasn’t been touched.

100% facts from Berny.

This is a silly “solution” which just made PvP inherently worse. But I guess they don’t want to spend time on balancing individual classes, so this is all we will get.

Maybe if lucky they make it be only 25% damage nerf or so. That would already be a good improvement.

2 Likes

screw em, you cant be god tier in pve and pvp, one gotta suffer.
(same issue applies to rogues but apparently blizz doesnt seem to care at all)

2 Likes

Whoever thinks this nerf just get pvp in a better shape is a psycho, how are 400crit with best gears on 6-7-8k hp is fun? And please dont bring the skill card on the table… we are playing classic, it never intended to be perfectly balance especially for the 1v1, the meta was a bit bursty but a 50% flat dmg reduction is just killing all the pvp vibe, even if they nerf healers later, it still won’t feel good to play, they can nerf some runes abilities who looked very busted like lavaburst ofc but who is having fun with a MS crit or an ambush crit wich remove 8% healthbar honestly?

1 Like

Don’t worry, its a developer skill issue, not yours. Any flat global DR like this completely breaks the flow of classic pvp

2 Likes

Berny is so right, but all the shaman boomers are triggerd and screaming “Skill issue” lmao

7 Likes

Cope Harder troll

Berny did duel tests.
A warlock with base health regen, without casting anything, and without moving regenerates faster than living flame damage.

1 Like

A bit. Really?