Dancing rune weapon

So my question is how exactly dancing rune weapon works and how it should work? Im pretty sure it’s not working the correct way. Looking for the answer either from staff or the players.
The tooltip says it fights and does the same attacks but for 50% reduced damage.
First I’ll start with autoattacks here everything seems correct 50% reduced damage from you, receive all buffs hysteria, bloody vengeance, scale with hit, attack power, haste and crit. (3.5 base attackspeed,of course arpen doesn’t work).

Secondly abilities and here is a rough ride so I’ll start with death coil. Death coil - deals base damage of 300 (if troll) and 315 if orc (not sure if autoattacks get increased by passive orc racial (5% dmg) but seems like maybe not it’s really hard to check), doesn’t scale at all with attack power and buffs, however sudden doom procs crits from rune weapon seems to be scaling with attack power. Death coil is also increased by death coil sigil (!) and glyph of dark death (15% it but should be half and scale off attack power…). Heart strike seems to have also base damage scales with attack power, bloody strikes, might of mograine seems to increase it’s damage and rune weapon dots increase it’s damage. Death strike propably scales off attack power - sigil, improved death strike, might of mograine working increase it’s damage, glyph of death strike is not working. Obliterate - scales off attack power, sigil, dots and glyph.

When I equip bastard sword instead of betrayer of humanity my autoattacks from drw are reduced by almost 50% but my abilities are doing basically same damage.
I know these bugs were back in the day in wotlk however gargoyle had a random delay on casts and were more frequently attacking between casts (as now usually it doesn’t have any delay and its doing 1 auto at start).
Here a vid why I think rune weapon is bugged :
https://youtu.be/KQuNPOc4Mng?t=697
Mop video so basically until mop drw were doing 50% reduced damage (there was a glyph that was increasing threat by 100% and reducing damage by 25% but the guy dont have it).
As you can see drw is doing about 50% reduced damage from abilities. And no mastery wasn’t increasing pet damage for blood only attack power and absorption.

Mastery: Blood Shield
Level 78 Blood death knight ability
Passive
Each time you heal yourself with Death Strike, you gain 12% of the base amount healed as a Physical damage absorption shield.
Also increases your attack power by 8%.

If somebody wants here is the report and some more informations https://github.com/JamminL/wotlk-classic-bugs/issues/394

1 Like

I thought noone picked this talent?

1 Like

According to warcraftlogs there are some death knights that missclicked this talent but not many.

1 Like

If a person has this they are probably not reading the talent right, are new to DK or think it is the retail version of dancing rune weapon which gives a certain amount of parry on-use.

No reason to have it tbh.

No reason to have it as tanking yes, it should be actually a big dps increase if working correctly but it seems to be bugged.

1 Like

DRW doesn’t help tanking in any way in terms of mitigation/threat etc. But as we all know, tanking parses are calculated on DPS - hence if one is a fool enough to check logs for “good tanks” one will find DRW on most of them.

Max DPS =//= Good Tank. But who cares right, the parses set the standard.

1 Like

The fact that it is not a talent in the optimal builds is not a good reason to not ask how it works or wonder if it is bugged, or not taking it just because why not

1 Like

Why everybody assume OP wants to know this for tanking purposes? Blood PvP may not be popular and definitely not as good as his Frost and Unholy brothers, but trust or not, Blood is still a solid choice (especially for BGs) when you know what you are doing. DRW is a vital part of such build and there is nothing bad about being suspicious about its mechanics and wheter they work correctly.

Tbf if you can hold threat & survive properly and do mechanics while maximizing DPS then that is usually the hallmark of a good tank. Damage obviously isn’t the only factor one should look at when picking a tank, but a tank dealing higher than average damage isn’t indicative of them ignoring what they need either, they may just have reached the point where they got enough wiggle room to squeeze out more damage.

1 Like

I agree 100%, but in most cases, the other factors around won’t be min/max to a point where a Blood DKs damage done by DRW will be significant at all for a raids bigger picture. If that amount is desired by a raid (and all other things are under perfect conditions), then other classes Tanking or even DK specs would offer the same and more.

I mean it actually doesn’t matter, what does matter it’s most likely not functioning properly. It double dips (talents,glyphs) for abilities and it’s doing base damage (drw death coil actually hits the same on 62 than now on 80 believe me or not).

Unholy death knights asked about random gargoyle delay and they’ve got answer from B …" Yes it’s a bug we gonna fix this". I’m just asking if this talent is working as intended because it seems just like it doesn’t. I can’t post in US forum, I would be thankful if anyone can copy my thread and post into bug report on us forum.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.