'Dark Heart' Questline Discussion & Thoughts

So just as we did during the retaking of Gilneas, I thought it would be a neat idea to discuss the new ‘Dark Heart’ questline, and how we felt about it.

For me personally, I enjoyed it despite it being rather short. The rewards were pretty good, the lore was sound, and making Telogrus Rift the main questing area was a nice idea. The cutscenes were also pretty impressive.

My main problems with it are the length of the questline (it took around 20 minutes to complete), the part of the quest which was almost impossible to complete because everyone would steal your kills, and finally when it was revealed that ‘The Harbinger’ was Xal’atath, it almost came from nowhere. Voidwalker was like “Begone Xal’arath” and that was it. We didn’t even see her.

2 Likes

Well, I am left with the same feelings as you… I liked it but it was super short. Not much of a “content drop” when I’m done with that and my troll’s heritage set under an hour. At the same time, I wasn’t expecting much. It’s just a prologue to the prepatch, the expansion ended with the 3rd season. Just the way they’ve been doing things… curious what will change next xpac where they introduce the shorter expansion cycle.

Yeah, same here.

It was ridiculously, hideously easy. The biggest challenge was getting the tag on the mobs in Mac’Aree Eredath. The characters and dialogue was… fine? Better than Gilneas, but not amazing. It was also very short, just like the Gilneas one. It feels like a single chapter of a single zone - it takes ~15 minutes to complete.

Very nice animation in the in-game cinematic. Straight-up competing with Baldur’s Gate 3 there, but while you produced 4 minutes of it, they produced >200 hours of it, so…

All in all: 4/10. Bit underwhelming, but nothing disastrous. I didn’t enjoy it at all though - there wasn’t any gameplay to it really.

I hope Azeroth will begin speaking to us. :]

EDIT: And then there was the other quest.

That was a bit much Blizz. Over half the characters? And cross-species? I don’t think I need to explain what precisely was a bit much. You know.

1 Like

Yep I was impressed with the quality too and particularly enjoyed that you could see Alleria’s character through her expressions and dialogue. Most of them seemed back to normal unlike Jaina who still needs a new makeover from that Elsa impersonation.

That’s why some quests should be instanced…

Overall, I expected more but it was a decent entry to a storyline

The freebies were very welcome, and the Paladin in Telogrus Rift was probably the highlight.

Doing the part with the memories was horrible. Having a split second to try and tag some insta dying mobs was just unfun.

Highlights one way of putting it

1 Like

It needed to be considerably harder. I completed the entire questline in about 15 minutes before work this morning.

But the idea of it was good.

Heres the thing though, we all knew it was Xal’atath because of the marketing. I agree that the reveal was rushed but what was even the point of it being a mistery when Blizzard literally told us that Xal’atath THE HARBRINGER was going to be the big bad in TWW. Its kinda lame waiting for the story and/or characters to catch up to what we already know. Ot was a bit like watching Naruto when you have episodes filled with 10 different characters reacting to and reciting to the audience what just happened.

13 bucks for 5 mins of extremely borring quests and none of the mobs had any loot, and portaling all over… skipped cinematics coz if i want movies i go Crunchyroll… WTF is this… where is the friggin content? what are we suppose to pay for?? gathering is ded, proffesions in general… outdoor content means boring quests, nothing to farm worthwile drops… i got scammed of 13 bucks… i should just ignore this stupid game…

1 Like