Dark iron dwarf personality

Can an dark iron dwarf love fashion and be dumb, funny joking around sometimes exist? in any way possible that some arent the same as the usual type of dwarfes?

2 Likes

Of course they can. Some roleplayers act like only humans are allowed to have personalities and everyone else has to abide by some clearly defined type. They couldn’t be more wrong.

13 Likes

Dark Irons were also, among other things, portrayed as being quite mad so, one that fools around and is dumb isn’t that far a stretch I think.

1 Like

Lo! Honestly both previous answers are grand, as they also talk of the fact that: “every race” can be varied. Not just humans that can be interested in fashion, a cook, designer etc.

Put into perspective of reality, then would it not be safe to assume that every race has is it internal social variety? :grin::beers: So try! Have fun dorfing around! Be a fashion iron that is just too “hot” :beers::fire:

6 Likes

I like to roleplay this character as anything but the “stereotypical” drunken fantasy dwarf. To me the Dark Iron Clan has always been portrayed as this spiteful, under-dog dwarf Clan that has suffered from a never-ending spiral of destruction since the civil war. The Dark Iron only really went on the up-and-up when they allied with the Alliance, with whom they’ve warred with since the other Dwarf clans joined, said Dwarven clans they’ve been at odds with since the War of the Three Hammers ended.

Early Moira portrays a Dark Iron personality extremely well, if that is something to take hints from. With all these things said, The Grim Guzzler does portray the “other side” of the Dark Iron Clan. They enjoy their festivities and their ale, just like the other Dwarves do, even when they trash Brewfest.

So I’ll refer to the start of my post - “I like to” - Create a character that you’ll enjoy roleplaying.

4 Likes

Here here! Speaking truth in coal and soot kinsman!

No but it’s very true, dig the direction / inspiration - nice to see other iron rpers who dig into aspects of their lore and background :pinched_fingers::beers::fire:

Keep rocking :volcano:

1 Like

The trick is to respect and embrace the three pillars of Dwarven identity, but in particular the third pillar which is what you need to focus on:

1) Race characteristics: - What defines Dwarves as a whole race and across all clans? A love of ale, battle, story’s and fine craftsmanship. These are your generic Dwarven racial points that most (if not all) characters have some firm anchoring to.

2) Clan Characteristics: - Each great clan is different in it’s habits, beliefs and aesthetics. Wildhammer have a deep respect for shamanism, while Dark Iron to a degree do not. Bronzebeards value martial skill on foot, while Wildhammer preffer to fight in the air, and the Irons like to use unconventional tactics… as well as their politics, religions, and general disposition.

3) Individual Dwarf characteristics: - This is where you need to really be thinking about. What sets one dark iron apart from another, do they see their clan as supreme above others or believes in the steady unification? Do they have a sense of humor, or are they grumpy and surly? Are they welcoming or distrustful, quirky or stoic? These are the finer points you need to hammer out.

Other than that, I can only echo what others in this post have said before! You can Absolutely have a quirky, jokey, comical Dark iron. Play through the Warlords of Draenor introduction scenario and you’ll meet some rather comical Dark irons. :volcano: :firecracker: :boom:

5 Likes

Thanks everybody for the help <3

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.