Dark Ranger's Attire is hunter only!

“Mostly” being the keyword here: I think in general a little wiggle room for players to roleplay outside of the box is good. Then it’s up to the players themselves to be a bit sensible.
I mean, yes, a paladin with a dark ranger transmog set is going to look a bit silly, but a lot less silly than a dark ranger paladin, which the game allows.

Calling this simple two button smashing class ‘Huntard’ is very rude.

Stay positive sneaky one

2 Likes

What exactly did you expect it to be? The dark ranger is essentially a Hunter with dark tinted abilities.

2 Likes

You look parlous Amonet, but your cap is beautiful.

Ahm sure…

2 Likes

I appreciate this might be a minority opinion but I’m not a fan of it, to be honest. Then again, I’m a Maghar Orc so of course it’s not going to look good on me but, just generally, I found the set to be quite underwhelming. Perhaps it’ll grow on me over time.

1 Like

True, though Dark Ranger Velonara is seen alternating between a bow and duel-wielding daggers. So too did Sylvanas for that matter. Farstriders fall somewhere between hunters and rogues, and Dark Rangers seem to continue down that path.

I actually agree, but it’s purely from me wanting more cosmetic sets.
But at the same time. I completely understand it being hunter only.

Odd way to spell:

Another lore accurate thing to do. We thank you for this.

5 Likes

Yea, lore. All those plate DK cosmetics from Torghast on a light worshipping Paladin or even on a leather-wearing life, the nature-worshipping druid was lore. Lore. I know, it is lore.

3 Likes

I mean, its just a copy of the Sootfur garb which is leather, so maybe you can use that instead?

3 Likes

I’m staying out of this thread.

But I firmly believe it should just remain locked to Hunters.

Personally, I think it should have remained locked to Belf and Nelf hunters only.

But people cry, and Blizz gives them what they want.

6 Likes

Eh, my opinion is; it looks like a leather set that is already obtainable in the game which leads to, why could we not have one of the older dark ranger sets instead?

Really, I just want that oversized black hood they use, the one that was given in the order hall was not it either.

2 Likes

Can i unlock the mog on a human hunter to use it on a nelf?

I ask because i have a 60 human hunter and a 45 nelf hunter…wanted to level up the nelf with swag :hear_no_evil:

2 Likes

My understanding is that the attire is account-wide once unlocked on a hunter.

3 Likes

i never got this?

did the quest on a nelf hunter and got the red eyes, but no mog

am I missing something? (apart from the mog :grinning: )

Indeed. Mail can use any bone it’s thrown.

Once you did the quest you can buy the set at the Hunter Lodge (class order hall) in Highmountain at the quartermaster.

4 Likes

yeah just found it, thanks!

that was intuative!

Hey, do you know what? There are hundreds of amazing Leather armor sets in the game. Literally you have so much to choose from, probably more than any other Armour type in the game.

On the other Hand, most Mail armor looks awful. Hunters don’t have a great deal of choice.

So, if this “awesome” (I haven’t looked closely enough at it yet) transmog, goes just to Hunters. Then I am all supportive of Hunters finally getting an armor set which everyone else can be envious of.

People just want to mix and mash pieces together for their own mogs. Some of the dark ranger pieces look nice and would blend well with other pieces. Thats all there is to it.

Don’t lose your sanity over it.

2 Likes