Dark skinned elfs in shadowlands

Male belf looks like anime character so i don’t see problem

At least it’s just character customization, much better than having them change the story to follow a political agenda

Bloody hell.

Can we just catapult every elf into the sun?

No discrimination, it doesn’t matter the colour of your skin.

All of them.

7 Likes

reaches for popcorn

6 Likes

I’m sorry for dragging this into the chat but you say skin tone doesn’t need a why, but there has been a non stop argument on the forums for the past… Ive lost track, about eye colour.

Clearly people care about the lore and what it means for the world.
If you can explain how a small population of Elves from one city have dark skin tones now go ahead.

10 Likes

Skillful question dodging. Anyway, I noticed no one actually answered my first question, about where it is written in the lore that blood elves have to be pale?

2 Likes

Personally I don’t care for the eyecolour argument either, but it is a different matter from skintones due to the ‘baggage’ that the eyecolour has, whereas skintone is effectively an empty canvas as far as lore is concerned.

2 Likes

Where is it said in the Lore that Gnomes can’t be 6 foot tall?

Sometimes things are just obvious.
A group of Highborne Elves gets exiled and get mutated by the Sun well.
The Sun well changes their skin colour to White.

13 Likes

And brown and black as is evident by Shadowlands

1 Like

With that logic, let’s make ALL characters have every single shade of color. And you don’t need to ask “Why are we suddenly having hot pink Goblins?”, because muh customization, even though it bends logic and lore down and rams stupidity up its rump.

Because your question is idiotic and not worthy of a proper answer.

To quote another poster from the High Elf thread:

[quote] The skin doesn’t just look ‘unrealistic’, it also goes against previous lore. The peach hue of their skin was one of the many distinct physical traits high elves (and by extension blood elves) developed when they diverged from night elves.

To quote wowpedia’s High Elf page:

"…high elves abandoned the region and moved northwards. They wandered the land for years Around this time, they had become completely severed from the life-giving energy of the Well of Eternity.

This meant that they were vulnerable to the elements and had not received immortality from Nozdormu and the World Tree. They had shrunk in height and their skin had become a peach hue similar to most dwarves and humans."

Also on top of the distance from Nozdormu and the world tree, I’d speculate that their change from a nocturnal to dinural society perhaps made them lose the dark grey/purplish skin of night elves as it no longer served an evolutionary advantage as camouflage.

If it’s racist to be against high/blood elves having black skin, then by the same logic it would be anti-white racism to be against Orcs, Goblins, Trolls etc having white skin.[/quote]

9 Likes

I actually quite like the more sandy(?) skin tones on wowhead for them.
Its just the dark black one I dislike.

It just doesn’t work for me. Looks unnatural and horrible.

7 Likes

if they are doing that with Elves then I want Humans to have Green, Blue, Red, Pink, Orange and Yellow skin tones, I wanna have a bunch of human skittles in my character select screen

14 Likes

I’m ok with a more tanned skin, that can be explained with just being in the sun a lot. That really dark skin, eeeeeeeeeh I would not add it.

8 Likes

Any western business: Customer representation > lore

Where are Asian elves?
I want Savix to have a proper appearance for Koreanpistol

1 Like

Why don’t the Night Elves get the same options though?

Surely they get more sun now that their tree is gone :nerd_face:

10 Likes

Lorewise, blood elves are peach/pink or golden colour. I don’t mind dark tones, but I wanted them to make it deep shades of golden instead of plain brown.

5 Likes

Sure. Like I said, I would’ve been fine with green belves too, so why not neon pink gnomes?

But, I’m guessing the more “out there” options wouldn’t happen because fantasy games tend to reflect real life occurrences to an extent.
Genetic mutations occur in real life, could be a repressed gene that makes the skintone less common.

I don’t see how terribly lorebreaking the skintones are, when their existence could so easily be explained through natural variance.

Well, not anymore.

2 Likes

There you go,you have given answer to yourself.Since when peach is white?

They can still change it, hopefully. The two lighter skin tone seem goldish, so I don’t mind them. Just make the darker tones dark gold instead of dark brown, please Blizzard :pleading_face:

3 Likes