Dark Talons (Horde) reputation reset - from exalted to neutral

It’s not listed at the very top of the reputation window under Dragonflight but instead near the bottom after scrolling so it took a while to notice.

Apparently it is something which had happened several times already despite being fixed once. A big lapse has been made that there is no achievement for reaching Exalted either (switch to renown system but Wrathion and Ebon guy still have their own achievement).

Oh goodness I’d hoped not to have to search this issue up once more, but it’s gone and happened **AGAIN** . A third time the reputation has been reset from Revered (17000 / 21000 ) to 0 / 3000 Neutral.

Send help please because no one is paying attention to the bug reports, or the people in charge are incorrectly convinced that everything is working fine.

1 Like

Hey Pangolin,

We’re not aware of a new issue since this was fixed, however you can open a ticket if you believe that you were affected by this issue.

This is now listed as a common problem and was published/updated only one week ago. Many characters from different accounts affected and this bug was definitely not fixed or stuff simply broke again multiple times between now and since first reports started coming in some six months ago.

Among other things, some players seem to have lost Voldunai reputation as well. I tried with customer support already and they keep sending me in circles.

That article was created for when the issue first surfaced. It hasn’t been updated yet (to mention that it should be fixed) as we will sometimes want to see if new reports are being made by players (the recent update was made to fix something on the page, and is somewhat unrelated to the bug at hand).

That being said, the resolution is most likely not retroactive, and a new ticket would be necessary.

Thanks for you time but you aren’t making it easy. I was already declined by the game master saying how it is out of their control and that I should bring it up for attention elsewhere, so here I am.

I am slightly disappointed in being told only that you are “not aware” of a new and resurfaced issue. I instead expected to be asked for more information so you could verify how the finalized standing with a faction has indeed been reset completely as I claimed.

Unfortunately here you can’t simply just search for the presence of an exalted-achievement as with most other reputations or renown because someone forgot to put such an achievement into the game, which no doubt complicates everything.

If you take a look at the mounts, pets, toys including story-related achievements in connection to The Forbidden Reach, you’ll quickly agree that 2591/3000 Neutral is an inappropriately small amount of reputation in contrast to how long it would take an average player to collect everything, and I have both collected and unlocked everything that the game has to offer with this zone. The number of times I have repeated Dragonracing quests alone for mount customization items should be enough to put me halfway into Revered.

I don’t expect for you to fix it on the spot but would be happy to hear that someone is going to take a second look at this. I’m giving you all the proof you need to confirm that the bug is still present.

Same issue here, but it’s been like this for a while.
Also farmed to exalted, and suddenly reputation with dark talons in 0/3000

This reputation isn’t something which can be farmed out in one session but rather takes around a month and a half if not longer considering the sparsely available quests and miniscule amounts of reputation which they provide.

GM message: REST ASSURED PROGRESS WILL NO BE LOST. Still waiting months on end without a solution because the first round of bug fixes already failed to solve the problem. The issue was first brought up SIX MONTHS with a larger spike in additional reports one quarter ago.

I don’t know who to talk to anymore but data loss isn’t being taken serious. At the beginning of WOD, my main character at the time had lost the entire Archaeology progress and was kept being told to stop nagging and PLEASE WAIT. Eventually they managed to restore it for some users but many others were out of luck.

Some time later I received a reply how I should have brought it up for attention much sooner and was offered only a lousy “care package” for compensation consisting only of a small stack of crates containing fragments.

https://old.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/2x0z3i/fyi_blizzards_promise_to_restore_lost_archaeology/

Yeah, no idea why it’s being ignored/not taken serious, really annoying. I spend quite a bit of time farming this to exalted.

Anything? It has already been a month. If you need more convincing that it isn’t or never was fixed, read some of the comments. There’s at least 25 upvotes from players who have the same problem.