Darkfallen / Dark Rangers 9.2.5-10.0 Lets discuss ❤️

Let’s put together a theoretical BFA where the roles are reversed.

A furious Genn Greymane seizes control of the Alliance military while a hesitant Anduin looks on. One of his first actions is to use reverse-engineered plague to completely annihilate the Undercity and when the Horde marches on Teldrassil in retaliation, he has the entire tree burned down with the attackers and plenty of civilians still inside to inflict maximum casualties. A disillusioned Anduin falls into Horde captivity during that battle.

Greymane’s merciless campaign against the Horde continues, fraught with war crimes and all sorts of despicable deeds. From a position of moral superiority, Saurfang chooses to liberate Anduin so that he may prove that he is still honourable, overthrow a tyrannical Greymane and restore honour to the Alliance once more.

This comes to a boiling point when Tyrande is observed sabotaging a particularly important (but very immoral) operation of Greymane’s and she is imprisoned. Anduin, Jaina, Saurfang and Sylvanas all take part in a daring plot to break Tyrande out of prison and organize an open rebellion against Greymane’s dictatorship. When they finally confront him at the gates of Stormwind City, Anduin is effortlessly slain but has a moral victory, as it is shown that Greymane doesn’t truly care about the Alliance. Genn proceeds to declare that this world is meaningless and wibbles off to the next expansion which is totally going to be great, guys.

Having restored honour to the Alliance with the help of the Horde, Anduin is mourned during a big funeral and it is declared that the Alliance shouldn’t have a single leader. Instead, it should be ruled by a council - particularly a council of literally-who characters with generic models, as most of the memorable Alliance leadership has been killed off and turned evil by this point.

Who has the worse end of the stick in that theoretical story? The barely-featured and morally unassailable Horde, or the Alliance?

But going back to the actual topic of Darkfallen, I wouldn’t expect allied races as that was a BFA-only feature, as far as I can tell. Besides, we’d need an allied race for the Alliance as well and we haven’t had any inkling of what that could be.
Instead, we might get a few customisation options for the various elven races and that’s probably going to be it.

3 Likes

Your whole story falls apart at the notion of alliance being allowed to have meaningful internal conflict

4 Likes

Considering that almost all of the “meaningful” internal conflict that the Horde has gotten is a bunch of “but what is hOnOuR” soul-searching and navel-gazing, that’s a good thing.

7 Likes

Yes! Yeeess! Give me that enlightened gnomish meritocracy.

Is trash story, but it sure is a lot of story and narrative focus as the Horde finds itself across four expansions.

3 Likes

lol jokes on you they’re a monarchy now

4 Likes

I knoow, it’s terrible. Human Potential will fix it, taking what the gnomes discarded, making it better.

1 Like

do they have to be. do they really have to be elenthas

begins reserving the name edelgeard

More elves sounds good to me. :elf:

2 Likes

Now we’re talking

Darkfallen are already playable.

Looms over you ominously.

Post-edit: With regards to adding Darkfallen, it’d be interesting to see how they’d go about adding 2 of this 1 race to both factions. Frankly think that if they really added Darkfallen Nelves to Alliance then we’re basically just seeing the sped-up process of Blizzard destroying their own narrative. Undead in the Alliance is a no-go.

thats why they wouldnt give it to the allies. They’d need something else for them

Would like to believe so, but it seems all the hinting speculation is that it’s 1x Allied Race so far (if any of that even ends up being true considering we’ve no further news on it). There’s also the fact that nothing is off the table anymore since they added Void Elves to this game, lmao.

lightforged fighting side by side with the darkfallen… epic story :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

1 Like

Allied races were a mistake and the vast majority could have just been customisation options in the vein of the Night warrior aesthetic for night elves.

Alas, here we are.

11 Likes

Lightforged choosing sides in a petty faction war while just having fought battles on a cosmic scale :woozy_face: :woozy_face:

I like how they were implemented, and working for something.
But most of the choices were incredibly meh.

1 Like

I often look at the screen, browsing through various allied races, checking their options out only to realise nothing looks or sounds good to lmao

So i rolled a human death knight

if humans are the bland cracker of fantasy races
then elves are just bland crackers with a bit of salt

No more elves, thank you.

1 Like

They’re just incredibly half baked playable races with very few customisation options which got a free pass because they’re an ‘allied race’.

I’d rather that in Legion we got Nightborne and broken and a load of customisation e.g highmountain, dark iron, light forged, with a quest tacked on to show how these peoples are doing and what they’re up to during the Legion’s invasion.

5 Likes