Darkfallen / Dark Rangers 9.2.5-10.0 Lets discuss ❤️

I made a bit of a search, a lot of people believe it is a thing. Scarlet Scourge twitter’s page says their guild will reroll to Darkfallen, I also watched Taliesin & Evitel on youtube about some already coded into game quests.

New Lorderan…? (possible?) New allied race?

Anyways, this stuff is so cool, that I don’t event want dracthyrs anymore, I mean, damn if we will be able to play as Dark Rangers, Holy Sun! That would be AWESOME)

I think the biggest hint we will get is by continuing new Blood Elf Heritage questline upcomming in 9.2.5 wich is right about the corner.

What do you think? Personally, I hope that the rumors are true. I am so hyped to see that.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s happening by the time of 10.0, else Blizzard would have put a massive spotlight on it already. My impression was that they wanted to divert as much positive attention onto Dragonflight as possible during the reveal.

Will it happen eventually? Absolutely possible, but that could be said for a number of as of yet absent classes and races.

dark elves, nature elves, magic elves (high elves) more magic elves (highborne), even more magic elves (nightborne), blood elves

bad idea. miss us with that, really. We dont need anymore of those in world of elfcraft

7 Likes

The darkfallen thing just smells like high elf wishcrafting but for Horde.

3 Likes

Elves are popular, and some people wanted to play some flavors which exist in the lore for a while already. Nothing wrong with giving it to them when its honestly as simple as just change skin and eye color.

The folk who don’t like elves are already not RPing elves.
I’d generally agree though that we do NOT need more elf race options beyond what already exists. Then again blizzard has the habit of giving us stuff we don’t want as oppose to stuff that would be Warcraft core.

See:
Vulpera instead of proper Gnolls (desert flavor)
Lack of Ogres, Mok’nathal, Naga, Arrakoa (arguably)
Void Elves (no one asked for) instead of simply giving Helves

6 Likes

yes and no
they kinda vaguely hinted at it in an interview and there’s some sneaky stuff in .2.5 that’s being hidden away still

I can see why people think it’s coming even though I’m not quite convinced of it myself at all

morally correct choice

yeah thats why it should have been added as a simple customization option and not an entire race

2 Likes

yeah for sure, i’d agree with that 1

Blizzard dropped the ball where Void Elves were concerned. By which I mean leaving them to stagnate and not add more eldritch character customisation options, not that the race itself was a mistake.

12 Likes

Kinda awkward for Horde to try to be good guys again and immediately adopting scourge vampires, too.

4 Likes

Massively agree.
The helf options shouldnt have been a thing, instead they shoulda got crazier void stuff, weirder skin than just being grapes

1 Like

I love the Void.

Only when you begin playing this race do u realise they’re a misunderstood gem.

Don’t worry. The vampire elves will be good guys too.
There are no more playable bad guys. No conflict is allowed, we are forever friends. The past? pff who cares about the past. Look to the future. See Blizzard writing on the horizon.

(PLEASE Blizzard let factions get into conflict naturally instead of forcing California politics and/or good 2 pants mentality down everyone’s throats. Make belves belves again instead of red helves. Make Humans actually retaliate instead of being eternally on the defense. Let orcs take resources instead of asking angry nelves nicely again.)

5 Likes

In the nu-lore darkfallen is (unfortunately, weirdly, insanely) no longer a term for sanlayn but rather a description of all sylvanas-type undead elves

If they’re not utterly rotten and falling apart, they’re darkfallen

1 Like

I hope they add more and more elf races. I hope we get an entire faction of just elves. I hope they remove the elves from the other factions for the elf only faction.

The Azer’dorei Empire must rise.

6 Likes

After the bfa story beat of them being absolutely horrible.

You get holy sun elves and you’ll like it.

Can’t, humans lost a generation in the lich king war and were down to drafting farmers in bfa, choking an already broken agricultural society. Humans get punched and thank the Horde for the privilege as team blue gets to be a deuteragonist story vehicle in yet another narrative.

They already do, though, all the time. This time we’ll be good guys, I swear! honourably pillages with kill quotas

Disgoosteng!

3 Likes

I’m all for customization! Give us more! Darkfallen in the Horde? Yea, works.

San’layn? No. Stop.

Honestly I don’t mind being holy sun elf if the TBC general vibe was maintained. Aka, being power-hungry, being oppressive at home, and making sussy alliances for their own benefit, looking at the long term goal. Being merciless with enemies.

Instead we are stuck with Lor’themar who became more helf then Alleria herself. Regretting deeply all his misdeeds against the Alliance by standing with Sylvanas, asking himself if justice will arrive for him too one day. Mindwiping himself into being okay with hanging and fighting with Jaina shoulder to shoulder.
The last elf who dared be still angry about that that was treated as a loyalist villain and defeated by the PC sent by Lor’themar himself (Hathorel, never forget).

Agreed, yet still better then the absolute butchery and mess that Blizzard has made out of the Horde. Everyone is Anduin’s friend right now. Everyone’s Alliance.

4 Likes

The only good elf is a dead elf. (Undead model enjoyers)

6 Likes

Who’s worse off? The main character in a bad story or their joined at the hip, browbeaten sidekick?

2 Likes