Darkspear Heritage quest

So first of all its good that Darkspear at long and LAST got their Heritage armor i do love it.
The quest line was Mid at best to be fair but what i still don’t get … Why do Darkspear don’t have a proper city ?? even the allied races have Capital cities when Darkspear have 3 vendors and nothing more besides 4 huts to it and somewhy a boat that goes to Dazar’alor…
What a shame blizzard could have used this time and Patch of the heritage armor to make a proper city for the darkspear who have those static unchanged island for ages now.

1 Like

They’re basically a stone age civilization, fighting with wooden sticks.

They have not evolved a single bit in thousands of years.

1 Like

They fight with exact same weapons as anyone else. Besides trolls can create cities and create impressive structures. Darkspears came from Gurubashi and in STV is Zul’Gurub and Zone is full of ruins that once were city complexes. So you’re talking nonsense.

My issue with this quest was that it didn’t have Dambala for the “brains” Loa and we have made up one that it’s whole stick is that it uses stealth.

Lukou was reduced to Draenor Podling instead of being troll female. Her domain was water and life, not plants.

Jani is cool but I’d rather have Legba fleshed out who is Loa of speed and travel, and Jani was used to travel back and forth.

In that heritage questline Vol’Jin wasn’t mentioned. There was no reflextion about their past and naga invasion - which could nicely tie with Lukou if she had her temple in STV in that hill occupied by Naga.

I didn’t like shade thrown at other trolls that when they turn desperate they turn against Loa. That wasn’t a thing until Wotlk. And they abuse that story trope when it doesn’t make up much sense.

It’s good that Rokhan had more spotlight - but, my god, he will bow wear this ridiculous mask? At least change it to look like in WC3 reforged. And I liked Rokhan’s red armor he wore up until now.

There are so many things devs could’ve done but in case of trolls delivery always falls flat on the face.

The “new” masks are assets from WoD and they don’t even fit on troll face. Because they were meant to be wall decorations not something to be put on your face.

Ocerall quest was fun but it had really strange narrative choices and it doesn’t really work for me.

2 Likes

They may use weapons crafted by other, more advanced civilizations but they’re absolutely not making anything besides bows and sticks.

Then explain why this is literally best-in-slot in Cataclysm season 1.

2 Likes

I think Darkspear trolls live pretty like “jungle people” wihout city.
Reason they sometime live in OG.

But, would cool Darkspear trolls own huge city

Did you even read the description of this item?

This was not crafted by trolls, nor did it belong to them.

It was crafted by trolls and belonged to trolls.

Hakkar was only the boss that dropped the original weapon in the Zul’Gurub raid, which is what the flavor text of the archeology window references.

The sword is likely named after a troll because its sisterblade, Jin’Rokh, has also been named after a troll.

See:

While there is no troll in-game named “Zin’rokh”, it’s very safe to assume that Zin’Rokh the sword was named after a troll of the same name as well.

2 Likes

Ok, Elves are primitves then becuase they also use bows and sticks (spears). Good to know.

1 Like

Same I’m very underwhelmed with these loa. I love to have Lukou in game, but not as a podling, I really dislike it.
I don’t get why they could not stick to their old lore for Lukou, she was a well established loa and had her place in the rp community.

The loa did not even get unique models and the heritage set is terrible, especially the mask with the trunk.
The cloth goes under the noes.

1 Like

Echo Isles should be a dark-magic-Voodoo-jungle instead of a barren and cheap tourist trap.

3 Likes

I always imagined that it should resemble Kurast Docts from Diablo 2 to some degree. That would’ve been a cool update.

?? what does that has to do with anything?
Troll tribes seen to have great cities over all wow expansions and continent , they worship Loas who give them gifts of magic usage and so on taming and using giant beasts as pets/mounts/work force just look at zandalari/sand trolls/gurubashi/hakkari in gundrak and so on, they wield everything from simple warrior weapons to shamanism and the only Shadow hunters in game we don’t see simple Blood elves doing anything close to that.
if we take your logic how did Blood elves evolved from the start? they didn’t just like Dark spear if we take from the first time they were intreduced, your reasoning have nothing to do with building cities and even if we compare trolls have empires/pyramids/yes also huts but so does Blood elves (Tents) just look at all the Buildings trolls create from stones giant shrines/pyramids/houses/giant halls.
By your logic Night elves didnt “Evolve” because they are all nature and tree loving but “Blood elves” some why evolved because they are not “neture and tree loving” but “Arcane magic loving”? that’s why races have different aesthetics smart boi.

1 Like