Day 2 - M+ Scene

The second day, a new story, everyone can relate to.

I made a post yesterday regarding the M+ scene, I am now bringing your attention to the same thing, in a different scenario.

Yesterday I couldn’t get invited, today I am doing lower keys helping a friend, doing range between 10s and 12s.

We got accepted into a group, the leader spent 15m carefully choosing the players and another 10m to find a proper tank. Almost 30m invested to do a +12 and all the guy wanted is to push his key.

The tank quitted after 2 pulls. 5m of dungeon.

It happens every single day, in all ranges of keys because the M+ keys have a horrible design and system!

How can it be, that a player has to invest 30m into making a group, lost his key, lost time and 1 toxic player, 1 toxic behavior, ruined it all without ZERO punish?

This player didn’t act accordingly in a sportsmanship manner, total disregard for the key holder, he was probably bored, and when people are creating a group and investing time, shouldn’t they be at least deserving of playing?

The leader simply said “every time”, and logged off.

This game ain’t all about picking up herbs and mount farming.

It’s been 4+ years of M+ with the same badly designed system.

You can easily implement a PVE rating, where players would queue up, get a match, would be able to choose a range of 3 dungs to choose, vote in one, and push the key. Quitters would get a deserter debuff and 5 party teams could run keys, in high rating, competing in time to see who finishes with the better time.

This LF group system using an external addon is flawed! Get rid of it.

3 Likes

It is very hard to design an m+ system that’s worse than the current one… of course there has to be some challenge, but just getting the dungeon timed is hard enough - do it consistently even harder.

Do not let keys deplete and that guy in your scenario would probably not spend that much time finding a group - or make a system as you propose - I already like that way more.

It’s been 4 years and you still don’t have a circle of friends or like minded individuals to play with.

Stop expecting Blizz to step in and magically make the community more tolerant and sociable.

This is in your hands. Make frickin friends.

2 Likes

Yeah, just make a friends or make a tank alt yourself and plan your own runs however you want.

Dont flail at the problem. Solve the problem.

And at this stage looking for a community, joining a guild or simply just making friends with likeminded people is the best solution. Blizzard will not fix something that people have made for themselves, especially when they can work it out on their own.

Make lemonade out of lemons, as the saying goes.

Totally agree with this post. The best solution for blizzard is to either buy raider io score or implement a same built in mmr/elo system where you are only able to see people of either +/- 100 rio above or below you. That way people won’t only be looking for 2k people while pushing a 17. By far the best solution.

I can’t relate to this at all. I’ve put time and energy into building a regular group for keys, and having friends I can ask to fill in if one of the regular team can’t make it. We never have to worry about leavers wrecking our keys.

1 Like

The combination between competitive gameplay and pugging is just toxic and there is nothing to do about it. If you want to do competitive gameplay like M+ and enjoy it the only solution is to join a guild.

1 Like

This experience is only had by a small minority of players, especially if it happens more than once or twice per expansion.

Even though it undoubtedly sucks for the few it happens to, this is not a problem that needs to be solved because it almost doesn’t exist. If you experience this frequently then you are likely a big part of the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.