DBM pull timer issue

This is a pretty long term issue ive had since as far back in to classic launch as i can remember (as in its not worked…possibly ever)

Basically, I don’t get pull timers. I get no visual, i get no audio countdown. If I solo type /Pull 5 or what ever number, nothing happens. It does not a throw a ‘this command doe snot exist’ error or what not, so the line goes through but…nothing, no visual, no audio, nothing on screen.

I’ve tried DBM reinstalls, removing all saved settings, removing all saved settings from WTF …checking everything relating to the pull timer is ticked on (unless there is a setting i have missed).

All I can think of is that some how, the way my game is setup isn’t compatible with the pull timer, whether it be resolution or a certain graphic setting…and that is blocking it somehow? would that make any sense?

To elaborate, I’m actually partially sighted and in turn i have my game setup in a very ‘unique’ way. I run it at a very low resolution (i know that sounds counter intuitive) but at a low resolution the actual elements and ‘objects’ of the game whilst having unnoticeable less detail (for myself) they are LARGER, which helps me a lot. This is how i played back in the og days and how i replicated it for classic launch.

Could this in any way some how interfere with the pull timer? like its…happening but off screen? though i also get no audio count, so im probably stretching a bit there for an explanation.

Oh but i do get audio counts for timers like say timer before nightbane lands, or if i turn the audio count on for any other timer

Just specifically PULL …gives me nothing

If i can’t get it working, i also wondered if a WA could be used to detect the /pull command and in turn PUSH its own timer/audio count. Just so i have something.

Check under DBM’s Global Disable section, you might have it turned off.

Also try enabling Lua errors and see if one is triggered when you do a pull timer.
/console scriptErrors 1

1 Like

this has actually semi fixed it

I now have audio, but no visual. Any thoughts on that one? what ‘frame’ does DBM use to dispaly the large pull count text, i wonder if i have that turned off somewhere

Wasn’t exactly where you said but further down there was a specific pull timer section and ti was filtered :s no idea why and also why it persisted through a full reinstall + deleting all settings (could it of been stored server side somehow?)

ah wait, i do get a timer bar, is that the normal thing for DBM? i was assuming there would be a large red countdown in the middle of the screen, but its been so long since pull timer has worked for me that i might simply be unfamiliar with it.

It’s a timer bar till 10 or 5s then switches to big gold numbers in the middle of your screen.

BigWigs is the one that uses red numbers.

Yeah i don’t get the big numbers

Only the bar for full duration

Wondering if i have a ‘frame’ turned off or something for the big numbers

Either way, its still nice now having something and audio

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.