De Other Side Tanking advice

Hi,

New to tanking and trying to make sure i don’t make too many mistakes:

For enraged spirit what do you do for the Masks (I read you need to cc them). Are they doing any damage if you stay out of the little red swirley? Can I AOE fear them as a DH?)

Hakkar’s son on the Boss as a tank you basically ignore them right ? (You cannot taunt them)

Death speaker will they cast the bump at a player randomly or do you need to face it away from the group?

Mueh’Zala, do you need to stay to CaC all the time ? as a tank you are not affected by the cosmic artifice right?

ANy more advice on this dongeon ?

Thanks

The masks that spawn, just stay outside of the swirl. The Rage is the one you need to worry about. Sometimes a Night Fae can trigger urn on RAGE, granting you an easy kill. Sometimes there is no urn and you will need defensives and your healer will need to smash buttons.

Sort off. If you can stun them to prevent them hitting someone, do that. And of course dps them down if one is near you. But switch to boss if he is shielded.

It’s a random direction. Your groups just needs to pay attention.

At the start don’t go First Big Pack > Second Big Pack > Mask. Instead go First Big Pack > Mask > Second Big Pack. Give your dps a chance to regain their cds. The first two packs can be a problem on some weeks.

This I don’t understand so cant answer.

Best advice is watch videos of others doing the dungeon in all roles at 10 or above and do more below 10 to get a feel for yourself.

Learn which mobs are dangerous and learn how to tank them.

There are mythic only sites around that give hints and tips on every dungeon.

I sometimes leap on them to dps them down, particularly if they’re bothering the healer or a squishy ranged dps. The boss just follows. Ignore them and stay on the boss if it’s shielded, though.

Definitely this. It also gives your CDs a chance to recover. I generally use meta on the first big pack, and everything else (then run for my life when I run out) on the second one. Don’t glide down the steps, though. Healers get unhappy when they can’t see you!

Not sure what you mean, but I stay right in front of him pretty much all the time, just moving side to side and back to avoid his fists as needed.

You are affected by it. While hes casting and swinging fists, you should dodge it. Just be aware that after it ends, he will aoe the group if you are not in melee range. During the smash, you can stand on the edge of melee range and still hit him and the smash will not reach you. His hitbox is massive. Towards the middle of the room, there is a line, its usually the first tile before the line that is safe. Also be aware that the smash can hit you even after it was cast. The animation ends ~1sec sooner than the actual dmg.

Check out tanknotes dot come. They have some good stuff there.

Also bring some good mental armor cuz new tanks get abused like crazy.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.