Dead server on WoW classic WOTLK

I recently transfered from Earthshaker EU as free migration was offered due to Earthshaker becoming very low pop.

I transfered to Gehennas as I saw it was high pop and thought I might stand a chance of getting into a raiding guild.

Little did I know, Gehennas is hugely horde favored and as of the past few days at peak times I have seen no more than 35 level 80’s online on Alliance side.

My plan was to return to cata, find a raiding guild and raid. But this isn’t possible, currently there is barely enough people online for a single raid nevermind a guild that actively raids.

Is there any allowance for this as it has rendered my characters unplayable unless I spend £100+ on transfering them to another server.

Any help would be appreciated

Why didn’t you ask here first?
Why didn’t you check server population?
No one can help you now.
Choose as few characters as you can afford and pay for transfer.
Or wait for Cata. They might try to restore faction balance.

To be honest I didnt think for one moment a server inbalance would be so great. You would think a game with 2 factions would have an even balance…

Some wrath PvP realms are completely one sided due to a free transfer mistake some time ago.

Only SoD has a PvP balancing system in place, it’s why the free transfers there keep on switching on and off.

1 Like

Well, the problem was GDKP’s and the the fact that a majority of these WoW players see PvP as a need to be ganking the opposite faction, at every opportunity you get.

Alliance left Razorgore because horde had the upper hand and used that as a way to make life a living hell for alliance, so people started moving away, many went to Firemaw. The incentive to move increases every time someone leaves as the realm becomes more and more dead, so eventually most left, including myself.

Firemaw was a great PvP experience for a short period of time, but it was now flooded with alliance, and we used that to our advantage, just like horde did against us previously.

So, due to queue times, being ganked by alliance and being granted a free ticket off Firemaw to lower the mega population, horde left almost completely, alliance stayed.

And now we have Gehennas as a major horde realm, and Firemaw as a major Alliance realm.

As long as ganking is easy to do, and there’s no penalty for doing so, a big chunk of people will dislike it.
I like the idea of PvP, but I’m honestly more PvE if toxicity and constant ganking is expected and accepted.

When you’ve killed the same player multiple times and the fight clearly isn’t fair.
Accept your victory and leave, staying and slaying causes these issues as it becomes toxic for the player who maybe just want to level…