Dead servers MEGATHREAD - Ghostlands/Dragonblights plea to Blizzard

While mostly a technicality, the realms in question were connected to The Maelstrom and the rest of its connected realms, so these particular realms aren’t the issue.

Your point still stand as there are still vey low populated realms.

Dragonblight is marked as High, been playing there since launch, had now worries whatsoever.

Well sadly my server is in a way connected with Draenor (Horde) But how is this helping, we get the lagg, we got 0 chance if we turn on WM; yet we’re the one with the empty Auction House.

Why some realms are connected, but not merged in a way is a mystery to me. I wish they rolled out more merges/connections instead of the mess of Free Transfers, where some can transfer, others can’t - on the exact same servers lol.

1 Like

exactly. as long as transfers are a thing, people will act in their personal interest. which i dont blame of course. they will all move to a high or full pop server. thats what i did when i decided to create ally alts back in Cata or wotlk. (cant remember which). i looked up population per faction, found that silvermoon was the highest and put my (now) 20 ally alts there. i never really play ally, but i know that if i do, i wont be gimped by the AH.

BUT if we are to solve the issue of dead servers and & dead factions, blizz needs to do it with more surgical actions.

THEY need to move players about in a way to balance the servers. like i said on the thread about kazzak/draenor lag, blizz KNOW what numbers they’re dealing with, and can move them about better than we ever could moving one by one with free transfers.

and lets be honest, people aren’t going to move where they’re needed, they’re going to go to the populated realms!

2 Likes

Genuine question, how is 3100 max level characters and 1k just below it considered a dead server? That’s four thousand humans doing end game stuff.

tbh, i have no idea how to tell anymore how healthy my server is. are we better now we are connected with Maelstrom, (and others?). only a handful of players have joined my guild since the merge so cant tell if its fixed the problem of no players to recruit from, BUT another problem has since arisen in that the guild finder tool is broken for us! so we could be connected to draenor and still not get players cause we cant invite them! blizz have basically told us to go away so dont know if this will be fixed, which leaves us at least in almost the same spot.

what server do you mean? do you mean ghostlands? (looking at my numbers from OP).

thats characters, not players. i alone have 20 lvl 50 toons on this server. thats not 20 people, thats just me. and while 3K people sounds like a lot, it obviously isn’t because just look at our server for raid progression. ffs im one of the top players for hk’s STILL, and most of my hk’s came from TBC/WotLK!

i dont know where those 3k are, but 3k out of about 1- 1.5M (eu players) is not a lot. especially when they dont seem to interact with other players. one of the guilds i came across while doing these numbers has nearly a thousand players, but they haven’t even killed a single boss in ANY BfA raid, AND i never see their players around the world.

2 Likes

Because 3-4k characters is not 3-4k people, alts exist. And let’s say there are maybe 1-2k players and most play during the weekend then on weekdays the realm is dead.

And even at the time of posting there have been worse realms. I’ve had characters on Al’akir before it was connected AH was drier than the Atacama Desert.

4 Likes

So, they did give free transfers… to people on High pop realms. OMEGALUL

4 Likes

Ghostlands and Sha’tar still dying.
Same goes with all the other RP servers.
Can’t believe they let people transfer from a full realm to servers which are also filled to the brink.

I had a look and I was right about Ghostlands being part of the old vindication battle group.

2 Likes

So Lightbringer merge? Did I miss it? You all done merging and doing free transfers for full realms instead?

2 Likes

Okey. So. Shadowlands has apparently been the biggest day 1 sale on a video game ever. Many returning players, many new players coming back to the game.

However, this does not at all reflect on low-pop servers. They keep getting smaller. In September we had the last announcement for server-merges and stopped since then.

Free transfers were given, but was completely pointless as you could move from a High/Full realm to another High/Full Realm.

Not just that, you can still just make characters as you please on Full-Realms… There is no encouragement what so ever, going to low pop realms.

Imo Free-transfers from High/Full to Low, should be open permanently until the population issues are sorted, or more merges are needed.

Shadowlands is a good day for Wow. Great to see more people back and sales are high. It just doesn’t benefit us… On low realm servers.

4 Likes

It would be nice if they gave some sort of announcement wether there is more to come or if they are really done…still sitting here on low pop Lightbringer :sob:

3 Likes

Its really weird the whole thing just stopped and not a single word about future plans.

3 Likes

“Realm Connections” btw. LOL. Honestly, switching between realms for my alt characters, I can see tons of low pop realms in the list. They did a great job, didn’t they :smile:. Ah man… Khadgar is in such a sad situation tbh.

1 Like

Lets hope they revisit when things calm down

3 Likes

Things are VERY calm here :smile:

2 Likes

I used to play on dragonblight for like 10 years(Vanilla-Cata). Every single person I ever knew playing this game is gone. One guy who I knew from back then is still playing but on another server… sad times had alot of good times with my old guild(s)

its hard returning to the game and all ur friends are gone.

4 Likes

You know its dead when the realm forums have nothing but locked threads and no activity

3 Likes

Their free transfers haven’t done much.
Not surprising, not like people going to transfer entire guilds or leave their guild on mass. Probably also thinking: “others will transfer”.

And from what little I see people transfer they all went to healthy servers (understandably so) so no low populated server benefited from it.

2 Likes

Because you had the ability to go from High/Full servers to other High servers. Of course nobody wanted to move to low/medium if there’s an option called high. And why would anyone go for less? When High servers in the past have died over 1-2 expansions.

2 Likes