Dead servers MEGATHREAD - Ghostlands/Dragonblights plea to Blizzard

I think the problem is there’s no distinction between “just barely full” and “no seriously, twice as many players as it can handle”.

Maybe they should just be listed with an average server latency value… people wouldn’t want to join if it said 500ms was normal.

2 Likes

Or close it. Stop anyone from being able to make more characters. Stop people from rolling characters there or moving to it.

You have to set limits. Blizzard can’t just say it’s “full” and everyone can still flood in. They need a hard limit of “you-cannot-go-here” of players.

Otherwise we’ll keep seeing players streaming from all low/medium servers to the same top-5.

2 Likes

Daggerspine and the other servers in this server group is so dead that the boost spammers don’t even bother to come here… that’s how few people there are here.

1 Like

I mean, that does give you problems when 1 player wants to join their friends on a full server.

What I’d suggest is you can only transfer there if you already have a level capped character.

Someone who really cares will take a few days out to level one; someone who doesn’t have a decent draw to that server probably won’t. It’d certainly drop the numbers a lot.

But it’s the same, if not worse problem. If a guild decides to move from a low-pop server, but people in a guild can’t afford it? They can’t play with their friends either, and many Mythic guilds feel forced to take the move to high/full servers in order to have the capacity of players to keep a 20man roster.

If everyone, their friends and their mums all can be on the same server, they will be. When there is no limit on it, people will keep going there.

It’s too bad if someone wants to go there to play with friends, but can’t get in as they don’t have a character there. But why would a full/high server require more players going there?

It’s much much much worse on low-populated servers, and on there, more and more friends get abandoned as they can’t afford moving a handful of a characters, a 2nd time or even more.

I had to move 9 chars myself from a dead server, to my current. But the flow of people is uncontrolled by Blizzard, so you don’t know if you move to another server if it will die out in 2 expansions, just like my own did.

there’s no point in having the label “full” if it’s not full. That’s like putting more people onto a bus, where there are obviously no room left, but they keep putting more people inside.

Blizzard shouldn’t have stopped with the server connections during fall. What’s worse. After they’d done the server connections… They did a discount on server-transfers…

And what happened? Everyone went to Draenor, Stormscale and Outland.

Then they did Free Server Transfers. What happened?
Everyone went from High/Full realms to other High/Full realms.

The ONLY thing Blizzard has to do, is managing the low populated servers. If they’re managed, players won’t feel pressured in going to all the top-5 realms, as people are at the moment.

2 Likes

Both of these threads have been unlisted by Blizzard:

Summary

New Realm Connections are Underway

🌍 The point of no return. We need more Server Connections! - #15 by Ysra-moonglade

Why are subscribing players being censored for making perfectly civil and articulate threads asking for things that should’ve happened years ago?

Better yet, why has blizzard unlisted its own thread on the matter instead of updating us on what’s going on with realm connections? If you’re not planning to do any more of them in the near future, at least be honest about this so that we can decide whether to tran$fer off of our (your) dead servers or not.

Whenever there is no money to be made or PR to be performed, your message to players is one of indifference and disdain.

3 Likes

wait, what? :o this thread is hidden?

edit. nwm. it was a hidden link.

1 Like

It was, at one point. The other threads I linked had been unlisted all day and on my activity profile were prefixed with a little eye that said “This topic is unlisted; it will not be displayed in topic lists and can only be accessed via a direct link”. But they seem to keep switching it on and off for some reason, starting after I made a post about it, funnily enough.

Bluepost on this phenomenon:

Summary

What unlisted mean in forum? - #3 by Nenyasqi-2416

1 Like

how does this thread really fall into any of this? ok, there may be a bit of bumping going on, but thats only cause there are only 30 days before the thread would be locked, and so much spam is in general. the topic is relevant, and always has been.

so, someone who monitors the forums is deeming this thread as inappropriate? really? REALLY?

we are about to hit 700 comments, have 20K views, and have been trying to raise this issue for over 18 months with cold hard numbers! but still no communication to us, especially now that it is obvious that the server mergers havent been as successful as planned and you are now scrapping it all. and now you are trying to hide this thread from the playerbase?

just make a region wide AH, and region wide guilds, and problem will most likely be sorted then.

2 Likes

Isn’t it sad? They care more about their forum than the management of their servers.

And even then, where did they find these moderators if they think this thread is inappropriate. Just out of high-school with the thinnest skin ever? Or did they finally get rid of the last Europeans and we got a bunch of Californians watching over us now? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (Yes, being cheeky here).

Edit: On a bit more serious note… isn’t it just another bug on the forums? Just checked my forum profile and it seems all the top-rated topics have the unlisted icon.

3 Likes

Nice connections. Have a look at this :joy:

BASK in the amount of the low pop realms. Blizzard certainly did a good job, ey? :ok_hand: :100:
:man_facepalming:

5 Likes

There is always this more recent topic. That’s related to various servers. Not just Ghostlands? Don’t know if it’s worth picking up the discussion there?

That’s weird. Chamber of Aspects doesn’t feel like a low pop server. It feels more like a medium pop server.

its only 18 posts long though? and is not 2 weeks old. the thing with this thread is that it has weight behind it. it is one of the bigger threads on the forum, about ANYTHING. and, especially at the start there are some hardcore numbers thrown around instead of “i feel this so it must be true.”

im not saying that there are not other servers worse than what Ghostlands was even before recent merges. im just saying that we were in a bad place. maybe still are. but i’ve always said this is not just about Ghostlands/Dragonblight. i obviously went with the data i had best, and that was the numbers on my server.

i can always change the name if it keeps people here. it also is an embarrassment for blizz the longer this thread stays open, as it points out a massive flaw effecting players which they dont seem to care about to address correctly. if they did, why did they stop merging servers? as it shows there are still a lot of low pop servers:

2 Likes

I feel all the requests for server connections are valid topics. I was just wondering as some people, were saying this topic were hidden? It still comes up for me though.

Bigger embarrassment in a way, as Blizz has done successful server connections this year, but stopped out of no where? We definitely need more.
Many people have made a good point, that when servers are this imbalanced, more and more people will move from the low ones to the already full ones. Making the problem bigger, not only for low servers but for everyone.

Just do something once and for all Blizz. plz.

2 Likes

Good catch, let’s hope I was wrong!

1 Like

well either way, we will keep on top of things. :slight_smile:

Still nothing :unamused:

1 Like

Player numbers seemed to have settled down, maybe they could consider looking into starting this programme up again.

3 Likes

You can add Shadowsong/Aszune to that list as well, even now you can literally go days and see no chat.

2 Likes