Dead servers MEGATHREAD - Ghostlands/Dragonblights plea to Blizzard

Any word about further connections would be nice!

2 Likes

dont think so. has anyone else heard anything? how are servers feeling?

blizz still wont fix our guild not being able to use the guild finder function to recruit new players, so even though we got mixed with some other servers, no one can join us unless they come up to one of us and ask manually! this, even after it was brought to their attention months ago :frowning:

1 Like

Any kind of update from Blizz would be nice, as nothing has changed here…

2 Likes

You can add Laughing Skull and its merged servers into this list.

https ://www.wowrealmpopulation.com/wow-eu-realm.php?realm=laughing-skull

1 Like

Lightbringer/Mazrigos still desperately hoping too.

1 Like

Look at that: New Realm Connections are Underway - #992 by Punyelf-draenor

They closed the thread… man I swear if they put as much effort into their communication with HQ as they do with ignoring us/closing threads we’d actually have a stellar game.

1 Like

Two threads were bumped about the same thing. I think it was sensible to leave this one up out of the two. The realm connections they did are no longer going on.

I think it’s worth requesting more connections. Specially if people are feeling they would still benefit.

1 Like

So it looks like the people are really leaving. Shadowlands was the proverbial straw.

1 Like

Probably another of those things just like the character customization that will be left half-done for far too long pushing more people to leave in the first place.

2 Likes

Oh, I know I am a bit unfair with that (and know why they’d rather close it). It just annoyes me that they close it with the usual practice of zero communication on the issue.

Bit like how Kaivax just unstickied the connection thread like a thief in the night.
I honestly don’t think we can be harsh enough (especially without breaking the forum rules) how they manage the servers and how they handle communication after all these years.

3 Likes

They are also going through staff restructuring and upheaval due to the lay offs/office closures etc. Not sure they have anyone to dedicate to it atm. I’m not making excuses for them, I think they should have merged more realms and they’ve half delivered on it.

It takes years to get them to do these merges and then they kind of stopped abruptly. Last time we had a schedule, this time we were just wait and see and suddenly there was no more.

2 Likes

Why would Blizzard merge servers when they can get you to pay to move your characters to a different server?? This is why they will not merge servers, it would kill off an easy way for them to make money. if they really cared about you moving your characters to busy servers, they would let you do it for free. instead you have to pay for the privilege.

2 Likes

I would guess there are good reasons why they haven’t done any more - maybe because one of the US ones went wrong or because they can’t do it from home or any one of a myriad of reasons. But good reasons are useless if they’re not passed on to the people waiting for a busier realm. Communication is so lacking for this. Just to stop doing it and then closing the thread with no comment isn’t fair on all those waiting.

3 Likes

Still nothing ey… and it feels worse lately because people are quitting left and right, done waiting for 9.1.

My shards are mostly filled by players from the two Italian servers. So much for picking an English server.

1 Like

Yeah, alot of people left, waiting for 9.1

Its normal to not be able to find people in LFG to do a dungeon late at night, not even after 1 hour in queue.

1 Like

Solution is simple, but not gonna happen. And Blizz seems content to not do a thing.

1 Like

Adding Alonsus/Kul Tiras/Anachronos to the list. We are sharded and we are still done. We have 5728 active alliance characters and 1728 active horde characters across all 3 servers.

3 Likes

Ysera / Malorne (EU) is also dead … Connected ~1200 (334 Horde) Players … strongly decending.
Kinda Sucks to see the own server dying more and more …

1 Like

Nothing is going to happen anytime soon, they stopped with server merges a really really long time ago and have never talked about it again, they’re probably racking that money from server transfers since people have given up

1 Like

I think it did come up at BlizzConline, it was in a clip that Shiro linked about something completely different. I have no idea where in this whole session it came up.

Server Connections in Modern WoW

• The team paused the process when Shadowlands launched because the expansion had a huge effect on server populations.
  • The team will continue to use server connections once server populations become a notable issue.

There seems to be a mass exodus to high population realms. Are there more plans for connected realms?

• They have a tool that looks at every realm, allowing them to look at popularity and faction balance for data.
  • Launching Shadowlands was the top priority.
  • Shadowlands had huge effects on populations, so they wanted to wait until after launch before making anything desires.
1 Like