Dead servers MEGATHREAD - Ghostlands/Dragonblights plea to Blizzard

Hopefully before sl so I can sell some stuff on ah still x.x

But thank you for giving me hope! Would be cool to get merged with Anachronus. That is the server I started on :rofl:

2 Likes

Haven’t seen you in a long time, Vintoleth! :open_mouth:

Been on Ghostlands since the day BC launched, honestly gotta say by now it definitely lives up to the name- rarely ever seen anyone that isn’t on another server in cities/zones at this point

Haven’t seen too many of the original players from this server either, most have moved off to other realms, classic or just quit playing completely. Sad to see how much it’s died over the years as it was a pretty busy hub back in the day, basically the last remaining active member of my guild as well atm as the game has lost it’s interest point for many so I’ve missed out on quite a bit. plus, the end game aspect of raiding was definitely more productive and lighthearted with guildies around over randoms- PUGs tend to be a nightmare to sort out without chaos now.

fingers crossed for this server merge on Wed making it seem a bit more lively though :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Based on our current server populations this is really good news for the Alliance. However our Horde population has been struggling for a while now, and I don’t see how merging an Alliance heavy realm (from what wowprogress reports) is going to help the Horde player base.

1 Like

Darceyler?? YAY!!!
Pirates of the Horde?? YAY!!!

i’ve not really played retail since November because i just dont like what blizz is doing with it. story, mechanisms, and lack of help towards collectors.
i tried classic in may again and like it and spend most of my time there.

i have also not subbed for almost half of the last year either cause my heart is basically gone with it :frowning:
but great to see you again! :smiley: :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

You missed out Doomhammer and Turalyon your list is just incomplete .

1 Like

If Blizzard removed the “new players” tag from Doomhammer/ Turalyon it would be listed as high

1 Like

No it would not at all .

1 Like

Doomhammer/Turalyon was pretty much dead when i moved off there back in march st least. Maybe not low pop, but certainly not high either. I dont remember what numbers my census scans there used to be, but it was not alot.

2 Likes

To be honest I didn’t list medium realms and they’re not in a great state either. Considering I don’t know what the game sees Turalyon/Doomhammer as I’m not gonna list them based on guesswork.

You’re welcome to do your own list if you want to just like I did.

1 Like

Quite funny to see that my server Aggramar/Hellscream is now Low.
It was medium before the connections (always expected it to be on the low side though) but now relative to the connections we ended up low.

So Espla and Trel any guesses who I will end up with?
If it’s too much work, don’t make an educated guess. I know you two are spending a lot of time on it already and Trelw has his studies to prioritize! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Shopkeeper: I have no lessons tomorrow (though I do have some school related errands and home work that I have to finish by Monday :D), so I can use a bit of time on this. Due to your server location, there are not that many options left and certain things depend on Blizzard’s intended approach to certain already connected realms. Based on the current situation my quick guess is one (or more) of the following three: Shattered halls group, Wildhammer group or Chamber of Aspects. Other strong contender is that all four are used to reinforce already cretead connections / weaker "High"s. I have not yet finished modifying my notes based on the data JĂ„nek has kindly supplied, so I have a slightly confused current overview of things, sorry!

3 Likes

@Sinaaki, Willtron, Daestra: WRP data is not a good primary source and there is relatively little data on WCR to look at (and especially no prime time data at all :frowning: ), but based on what I can see in relative terms, Doomhammer / Turalyon probably currently classifies either as very strong “Medium” or very, very weak “High” depending on how active it actually is during prime time. Currently, I am more inclined to say strong “Medium”, especially since the connections that are created keep shifting the overall situation towards suggesting that it, too, should be reinforced by connecting something to it. Since we can not see tag shifts (because it is has the “overwriting” “New players” one), it is even possible it is sitting on the “edge” and shifts up and down daily. :smiley: Out of you three, Sinaaki is probably closest to the current situation.

For couple of comparisons, Trelw’s home realm Alleria / Rexxar dropped from “High” to “Medium” last week after connections and WRP data suggests that Doomhammer / Turalyon is a little stronger in terms of current actives, but the limited WCR data prevents me from currently solidifying that conclusion. Outland is listed “High”, but due to its’ abysmally small horde side (activity), WRP statistics imply Doomhammer / Turalyon has higher current overall activity even though it is almost certain Outland has a larger passive population base. As you all certainly know, Outland used to be significantly stronger and extremely heavily alliance biased and some of that bias certainly still remains today.

In short, with limited data, many things are not clear cut and even I could validly argue for different things, if I chose different angles to certain details. So please take all of this with a grain of salt. It is not “truth”, rather my interpretation of very limited data I had at hand.

2 Likes

Would be interesting to know what makes a high pop server and medium and so on, like how many active players it takes to change. And since dh/tura has been marked «new player» for a long time its hard to know where they belong in population. I guess they keep getting new players since its marked as «new player», keeping the population somewhat growing maybe. Even if it is swinging between medium and high, it still felt close to dead when i was on there. Not even boost sellers spamming in trade :joy: (thats a good thing though)

1 Like

@Sinaaki: Unfortunately that data is not available and with RealmPop gone, there is even less info
 and on top of that, it is extremely likely that I will soon lose WCR / CP, too. Balgair, who has been the lead tester for CP for many years, recently made a post on WCR forums, which painted a very bleak picture of the future. There are no known plans to update WCR (or CP) to comply with the squished levels. :frowning: I am not sure whether the current version of CP will work with the next patch at all and I know at least I lack the necessary .lua coding skills to fix it. :frowning: I have already started to “salvage” some of my personal data to offline backups. sniffs loudly

2 Likes

Exciting as part of Chamber of Aspects to see the possibility of a merge. Amazed that Ghostlands still hasn’t seen any love (was my original server).

I’d love Ghostlands and CoA to be merged.

1 Like

@Lepanto: Actually, Ghostlands just got connected yesterday to the Deathwing group. I guess you missed some of the posts above and elsewhere.

2 Likes

I did miss them @Trelw. Good times for them old friends over there

1 Like

Thanks Trelw.
That’s two guesses I was thinking about as well. Due to seeing regularly people from Shattered halls group and the Chamber of Aspects in our shards.

At the same time I am a bit afraid of being connected to Italian servers, since the majority of players in my shard are usually from de Pozo dell’Eternità server.

1 Like

@Shopkeeper: While my knowledge of Italian realms is very limited, the data I have indicates that Blizzard’s current best option is to just connect the two Italian realms and then leave that connection by itself for the time being. I am not sure how much (if any) attention you have put into a couple of other connection issue threads, but I am fairly sure you are aware language barriers are hugely unpopular.

The situation may change after SL launch spike is gone, if the 2-way I and many others favour for the Italians utterly tanks in activity and becomes unviable by itself. With the launch still ahead of us, I am not in favour of connecting them to English realms. Based on the data JĂ„nek has shared, they are also in the server location that has much lower need for connections as most of the big English realms are located there. That is also why giving you my earlier reply was relatively easy. That location has a very limited number of possible options in comparison to the other physical location, which is, quite frankly, very messy and with the speed Blizzard informs us, will likely take several weeks to even try to figure out. Just to give you a generic idea. Your location has perhaps something like 8 to 16 possible variations, most of which will vanish as soon as Blizzard announces as few as any two more connections for that data centre. The other data centre might still have as many as about 400 possible connection permutations left, though even there certain options are more likely than others.

3 Likes

It is not though me and Sinaaki run alot of scans of census+ and i wish people who do not play on those servers would stop assuming they are fine .

Wiltron is an AD player and unless he has an alt i wish he and Janek would not comment all the time . The current numbers on wowprogress and another site are completely wrong . DH/Tura have been “New Players” since Legion started its getting really annoying that people who do not play on them assume and make comments about them . They need to be merged and not in a good state and whoever of you is sending me ingame mails about my views on server merges you have been reported and added to ignore stop hounding me ingame .
Me and Sinaaki have both spent money moving to other realms aswell as we could not find active guilds . I am still on there every day with my remaining chars at peak times and apart from 2 bots its dead so stop telling me its fine i am sick of hearing it .

1 Like