Dear Asminin - an open letter to "Leroy tank", or people that don't have time

This topic talks about a level of logic over 9’000

So what’s a “Leroy tank” you might ask ? It’s a type of unfortunately not so rare people, that charges in and take the next pack without looking at teammates, wether heal has mana or not or any other considerations.
Needless to say, I love them.

So I tag for the daily random gamma.
Halls of Stone.

As soon as we get in and my screen charges, I see him already on the first pack. I tell myself “this one is gonna be a good old fashionned Leroy tank”.
Everything goes well and smoothly. We have gear. Heal isn’t OOMing.

We get to the last pack before last boss. The DK dps dies.

Leroy Asminin calls a ready check.
DK and I answer no. He’s dead, I’m rezing him, so is the healer. Seems fair.

But then I hear Bran yelling. Leroy and warlock went in, pulled the boss, door closed. Even though 2 people answered no on the ready check.
Guess what ? They die.

He writes “bye” in chat.

I think “seriously man ?”
But stays in group. So by the time we all walk in again, except him, I rez him. doesn’t accept. I rez again. Ask him. Doesn’t answer.

We vote him out.

So tell me Asminin. At what point do you call for a ready check but then don’t care at all about the result ?
Just don’t call it and go for it anyways at that point.

Makes me think about the whole “making tea” problematic. If you know what I’m talking about…

Damn I love those people who don’t have time.

In the end he lost more time while doing so than accepting the rez and killing the last boss.

This is an MMO, not a race. Have a good one everyone.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.