Dear modern Blizzard, you've destroyed so much... What is it, exactly, that you have created?

Who said it was dying? I am saying it is doing badly and has been poorly managed, it is an unfinished game and has seen player number drop off at a rapid rate because of this, that’s not something that is a lie as it is literally in the posted numbers, half the playerbase within 3 weeks, whilst you say you know people still playing out of a whole bunch of us who moved hoping it was DAoC 2.0 there is just myself and two others hanging around, the rest are furious.

Again, have you even played it to comment or are you spewing anecdotal negative nonsense, again?

1 Like

ofc i play it which is why im calling your out for spouting nonsense… the game isnt dying because of bugs…

it will most likely die in a few months sure… because there is a lot about the end game people will not like… but that is yet to be seen (that is just me predicting it)

but as of right now it is perfectly healthy and active.

Also you’ve witnessed no bugs? So you aren’t far into the game, you couldn’t even do the portals till yesterday because they bugged the azoth staffs for gods sake, and in fixing them they accidently made a gold dupe which has bugged the economy.

Want a cool bug, go into window mode and drag yourself, hey look, your invulnerable. Oh wait, that got fixed but removing window mode.

2 Likes

Then you’ve either hit the jackpot on the server choice or your are still pottering around doing the early game stuff.

1 Like

i moved servers alot … i been on about 12 different servers all of them are very active

Not talking about activity, again, I am talking about the job Amazon has done in bringing a game that is beta at best and launching it.

How’s the wars going? Manage to enjoy one that doesn’t devolve into who can lag each other the most? I haven’t.

1 Like

seem’s fine for me but i dont have a average connection

Considering the game is client side…

If you had participated then you’d know by lag is a total freeze which combined with the AE ‘fix’ makes for a mess.

I think you are spouting your usual nonsense, sadly.

1 Like

lag and so called bugs even with both i still enjoy myself in new world more than wow.

at least for now.

i highly doubt i’ll play it much longer than 3 months…

Which is great, not questioning that but I do refuse to believe you haven’t encountered any and my original point was saying how poor of a job Amazon have done that it has made Blizzard look competent. That’s the part that is actually insane.

1 Like

as far as i’ve seen its been pretty smooth sailing from day one… so i dunno maybe im just lucky who knows.

EDIT: i’ve only had 1 friend report 1 bug… and that was his character got stuck facing one direction… and he had to relog to fix it.

Fair enough, might well be the case, I know for myself and others it has been a great 50/60 initial hours followed by bugs, dupes, hacks, and exploitation that has totally made us think that the game hasn’t much of a future.

Hence why I am bitter, my hopes were overwhelmingly high, misplaced perhaps. Always got WoW and FF14 to fall back on, sigh.

1 Like

in fairness though wow suffered from all of those same things over the years… it’s part of the learning curve…

I don’t think they’ve been as bad as a launch like this, the team seem sadly incompetent.

1 Like

i dunno i remember gold dupes and item dupes in wow… and multiple different kinds of exploits over the years…

not to mention wow still till this day suffers heavily with lag problems.

Yeah but New World revolves around these things, its a trickle down game economy, when a war is won constantly by an exploit, after hours of efforts, is abhorrent.

Literally yesterday you could go window mode and drag your screen and hey presto you are invulnerable and can’t be killed.

1 Like

wish i knew about it personally :)…

however i never play window mode…

its amazons first mmorpg and its only a few weeks out the door…

there is bound to be hiccups along the way… jumping on them at every mistake is not going to get you very far with the game :P…

maybe just be a bit more forgiving.

its just a game after all and we dont even have to pay a subscription for it so we arent losing anything.

Id gather if they weren’t the richest company in the world and actually making bad decisions.

I’ve just found out the reason I got kicked early is because Amazon added in 10 minute kick timer if you didn’t press anything on a keyboard to combat botters. Only issue is that most actions only need a mouse.

I’ll give it a go in a few years but it is one issue after another.

That bad, huh?

It’s just too bad that developers seldom give a toss about quality products anymore.

1 Like

funny that isnt is … im pretty forgiving towards amazon … but constantly say bad things about blizzard…

the difference is amazon is new to the game… blizzard have let me down time and time again over the past many years.

so imo hating on blizzard is fair game.

amazon however too soon imo…

yea kick timer is fine imo … usually after a lil while they increase the time before kick.