Death Knight class fantasy and lore in the future

Hey I’ve been thinking of this at random and just wanted to know what you would like to see for Death Knights in the future.
Shadowlands is probably one of the major lore updates where Death Knights powers come from.
In Maldraxxus we find out more about the undead, plagues and runeblades. But also about the mourneblades and domination magic which the jailer uses in creating and controlling Arthas the Lich King which granted Death Knights their power.
So do you think Death Knights will learn more about their origin and this domination magic in the future and start using it themselves and maybe even get skills/talents like Chains of Domination instead of Chains of Ice where enemies will get stuck in place instead of slowed.

What do you think would be awesome to see in the future for the Death Knights?

Please do not remove our perma 70% slow for a root with cd.

2 Likes

Dk are supposed to be one man armies who bring pestilence, cold and death, I’m fine with anything as long as this remain the core fantasy… oh, and fix the class around this for f*** sake. The dk seems more like a clown moving ahead

3 Likes

What class fantasy?! That ship is long gone.
There is nothing in the future as long as the people currently runing things will remain in charge.

I started to accept that DKs have nothing to bring in PvP except some CC for other classes to use, but last night I came to the realisation that they nerfed UH (our last stand) in pve soo much.

Not even once have I seen a DK melting hordes of trash (which apparently was the main thing of UH DK) as I saw fire mages do this weekend.

I don’t even know what DKs are suposed to do.
Is it to bring a 20% MAGIC damage reduction while Disc brings a 25% ALL damage reduction?

I still have hope that the people that work on Torgast are allowed to rework the main DKs because they have so many fun and useful interactions with the current skill set (which is limited to say the least).

That’s exactly why nowdays it isn’t fun. There is no design based on fantasy anymore, dk used to be heavy juggernauts… it was SO awesome seeing ppl run away from a frost dk :grin: cause you knew heavy obliterate were coming, that was fun to play, heavy sustain dmg… cause that’s what a fdk is all about… not some heavy burst every minute… what are you supposed to do while waiting for pillar? Getting trained to death and caster NOT running away cause you tickle, wtf is that?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.