Death Knights, how do you find roleplay and roleplay outside of specific Death Knight guilds or hubs?

Shoo! Voltures! Leave the poor soul alone!
At least wait till she dies… or hand her a vampiric runeblade to convert her to a “2nd generation Death Knight”
Don’t mind these glorified ghouls dear, they are hungry for some fresh meat in their ranks…

1 Like

Personally I just visit zones I read, or hear, that have slight death knight activity if/when I do have time to roleplay on Pendragons here.

For the rest, I do got some nice roleplay encounters while wandering around the world, but as stated above, not everyone is open and happy with the undead. Though the Horde seems to be more accepting to me, because of the Forsaken. But I assume that’s a little less nowadays too, thanks to Sylvanas.

1 Like

There are some Death Knights RPers that gather every now and then. I have taken a hiatus, but I’m planning on making a return to the RP scene. I’ve been having fun with my guild, but other than that, I haven’t met many DKs in a while.

Being a Death Knight RPer has its ups and downs. If you are Alliance it is more difficult to find RP there for sure. Nonetheless, I feel that the upcoming patch will introduce some added lore to Death Knights as a whole. I do not know all of the details, but I’m confident that will spark a renewed interest for Death and DKs as a whole.

If Death Knights acquire allied races (for some reason) then I’m sure we’ll have more activity in that regard. As a result, it’s plausible to believe that Death Knight RP will become more active.

1 Like

You missed the Call of the Ebon Blade!

1 Like

Which was your thread again? :sweat:

1 Like

Here you go!

4 Likes

Oh yeah I remember now!

3 Likes

Glad we could help! :+1:

4 Likes

You join the Grim Gang

3 Likes

Grim gaaaaaaaang

2 Likes

Can’t wait for another Uruk-Tehya arguement this topic will generate :popcorn:

3 Likes

UwU’s at you loudly

Ever since the defeat of the Lich King, part of being a Death Knight has been the searching for a renewed purpose. Demon Hunters have also been handed this motif. You don’t need DK-specific guilds, there are many where a DK could reasonably find themselves. Naturally, the quality of this comes down 100% to the execution, but it’s perfectly feasible to do all sorts.

7 Likes

To be fair, Death Knights are well preserved, even more than probably Sylvanas or Nathanos, but lets use them as an example.
If you watch your personal hygiene, like keep your teeth and neails (or some cases fangs, hooves, claws) clean, comb your hair (or fur) maybe a bit cologne and depending on your race you could pass as a member of that race. Just watch out that breathe, I mean don’t forget to breathe - makes the living comfortable
Don’t parade around in heavy saronite/plate armor with skulls and spikes… (but keep your runeblade at your side, after all, while not like Arthas or the “2nd generation Death Knights” you and your powers are bound to that weapon - or used to, don’t know they retconned that or not tbh) nor ride on a skeletal horse, undead griffin or let your ghouls wander away, leave them at home.
That eerie glow of your eyes? Shades, glasses, goggles… hoodies, you can hide it
Maybe the paleness of the skin (if you are not a Worgen or Tauren or Dwarf, most of their beard and hair covers their face) could give you away, but apply a little makeup and voilá; half an hour in front of a mirror in exchange for some socialization is not that a big price
Emotions are a bit dulled, but compared to a Mage who spent his youth in a library, a Warrior with heavy PTSD (lets face it, most of the player after what we done for gold or trinkets should either have it or withered emotionaly so hard, its painfull) a loner Hunter who spent her time in the wild instead of civilization, Druid whos regural compainons are trees or animals, Shamans who spent his time communing with the alien and foregin elements or a zael paladin or priest - lets not dwell how insane a shadow priest could be - a Death Knight emotional state not really different than the rest, and you could train yourself to behave - Fel, even the Gnomish or Titan consturcts who lack of any, you know biology, like a Death Knight are capable to feel and interract with the meatbags acceptably
If you really want and care about these things… you could be a part of community, or just mingle time to time with them

2 Likes

That sounds like a lot of steps to just not play a death knight.

7 Likes

To add to what Teyha stated bluntly, you’re forgetting about the hunger and physical need to inflict pain.

As an aside, I think you’re also vastly overestimating the social skills of someone, forced against their will, to be a weapon of genocide. Rather successful weapons of genocide, I might add.

1 Like

Goldshire perhaps?

Plenty to inflict pain upon, and if you’re hungry, you can eat em cuz cannibalism.

My plan for a death knight is for them to be recently risen (legion risen as when I asked friends they said legion risen dks exist as OH troops) as a fallen paladin. Is that a plausible concept?

How would a DK work in terms of emotions? Can they feel, but with positive feelings dampened and negative ones amplified?

I don’t require my death knight to infiltrate society and pass as one of the living. I just want to know if I can RP with others in hubs (besides stormwind because I’m not setting foot in there) where a DK doesn’t necessarily need to be accepted, but tolerated.

Just saying, if he wants to be a DK but not among DKs, - the topic is about RP outside an RP guild and hub - there is a way

I’m well aware of the Eternal Hunger - it is an addiction that afflicts all death knights of the Ebon Blade and gives them the need to inflict pain. If death knights do not regularly inflict agony upon another creature, they begin to suffer wracking pains that could drive them into a mindless, blood-seeking hysteria
But regularly not means 24/7… you could spend several hours, or even maybe days before torturing a rat…

1 Like

Concept is entirely reasonable and plausible. The emotional states are basically what you mentioned, with the aside, of course, that you’ll have the influence of the hunger gnawing at you if you haven’t killed for some time.

RPing in hubs really isn’t an issue as long as you’re not hoping to grab a pint with the boys like a casual night out.

5 Likes