Death Knights, how do you find roleplay and roleplay outside of specific Death Knight guilds or hubs?

I can help you with that. grins

1 Like

There’s always room in the Ebon Onslaught :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re not entirely useless. You can punch people to their deaths still!

1 Like

Might come by and join the Alliance side of Ebon Onslaught. People like Arindha said some inspiring things

1 Like

We know it’s not (necessarily) a thing for Gen 2s either. Koltira and Darion both change weapons.

3 Likes

What does a runeblade exactly do? Asking for a friend. O_O

You know how all your death knight game play (you really should know this you ARE a death knight) uses runes?

those are on your blade

it’s literally the power source responsible for essentially all of your attacks.

4 Likes

Not having runeblades as a weapon type was a missed opportunity imho. They are so iconic, like glaives, but don’t get the same treatment.

Hero Classes should feel special.

6 Likes

If you played during wotlk you’d know they were special (overpowered), having their own starting zone, class hall and faction was new back then. And runeweapons are so varied you can’t really make it an weapon type.

1 Like

who would win

Acherus vs Fel Hammer

1 Like

The way they presented the runeblades in general was kind of underwhelming.

You take a random sword from a pile, put it into the runeforge and voila, you got your new runeblade.

Fel Hammer is just another Legion ship and we destroy dozens of those
Acherus is a necropolis and I’ve only seen like 3 of those go boom in WoW

*shoves demon hunters into a locker *

That’s entirely intentional. Gen 3 DKs are the knock-off mass production version of a death knight. They exist to be easily manufactured and sent out to kill and die.

2 Likes

I did.

They were overpowered as hell, but that shouldn’t be what makes the class special. There was talk originally of them being based off an exisiting character, which sounded cool but I can see why they nixxed it.

The starting area was cool as well and the mount etc. Rune weapons are varied sure, but I still think that they could have been better implemented as something unique to them. Just being able to enchant any weapon from the runeforge didn’t really satisfy it for me. At least Legion gave you the artifact weapons, so that’s cool.

I might be alone on this, and that’s okay. I just felt like they could have been more iconic than they were. Remembering of course that they were implemented before transmogs and you could end up using just a generic looking weapon as soon as you left the starting area.

I think the only reason they didn’t go so deep into giving you a special runeblade was balancing issues. You’d have all the classes equip regular weapons and then there’s the dks who had special bonuses to theirs, and on top of that you’d have to manage the loot table. Plus if you gave them more bonuses on their weapons it’d mean they would be more powerful by default, and if you’d nerf their base/stats spells they’d have to use the runeweapon as a crutch.

1 Like

Don’t agree that they would have needed to make the runeweapons more powerful in any way, for me it’s just a flavour thing. Having a weapon that represents your class when they are known for wielding a very specific type of weapon. They added rune weapon looking items to the game, but when warriors and paladins are using them as well it’s just a bit sad.

Definitely agree on the loot table comment though, that was almost certainly why they didn’t go with them as a unique weapon type. In a world before personal loot it would have been a nightmare.

Transmogging makes the whole thing a lot easier now, but I feel like the mechanic of a runeweapon felt a bit lackluster in the beginning. Seeing the runes trigger on the weapon would have been really cool for example when you were using your abilities.

1 Like

Keep your hopes up, if the next expansion is as big on dks as it’s speculated we may be getting new flavor.

1 Like

That’s the dream. The datamining is looking promising, and it would be cool to dive into one properly if the opportunity arises.

They have some of the most interesting story potential in the game and I hope Blizzard do something cool with it given their Legion developments.

3 Likes

Hello Bravius!
Should you wish to join us, I recommend you to give our thread a read! There’s a way to contact us in it!

oneofus, oneofus.

You too, oneofus…

1 Like

It makes me want to go back to mine.

1 Like

ONEOFUS. Oneofus. Oneofus… Look at our shiny new thread and AA…