Death Knights would like to have a word with you

Hello. I am about to type some well known issues with Frost Death Knight’s specifically. Some of those also apply to the other two specs.

1. After seeing Retribution Paladin’s getting a rework due to them being unable to perform at their highest potential because of having to stand in consecration in a game that evolved, I was so happy cause I thought it meant that my spec would get the same treatment.

2. Surprise surprise, I was wrong. After looking at the newest WoWhead posts. I saw that Rune of Power is being removed due to how toxic it is to play around a certain area. And I thought to myself ‘wait a second, that’s the same problem Death Knights have with Death and Decay’. Needless to say I’m beyond disappointed with how you prioritize something that gives damage to a class, over something that enables your cleave.

And now to the problems

1. Why is Cleaving Strikes a thing? Why do I have to press Obliterate in every scenario when I have Frostscythe, an ability MADE for AoE, that used to do AoE and has been dead ever since Battle for Azeroth. Will you do something about it? If not just remove it and give me another AoE oriented talent.

2. Death and Decay. In what world, will Death and Decay work, on a 30 seconds cooldown when you have to play a pack with: Frontals/Ground Effects/Sanguine/Spiteful/Storming. How is that a fun and engaging playstyle when I am CONSTANTLY forced out of the small space I have to stand in to be able to cleave. Not to do increased damage but to actually cleave, because without that, Frost DK cannot cleave.

3. Breath of Sindragosa. I truly really like the design of the spell but it is so outdated. Outdated in a sense where, it needs RnG to perform at its best, you need RnG for procs, and you need RnG for mechanics. It shouldn’t feel so terrible when your cooldown is over. Right now if you drop Breath, because of something that’s out of YOUR control, you do nothing. Zero damage. You cannot compete with any classes. And this is an issue with every DK spec and build. We do not have ANY damage outside of cooldowns. It does not feel great.

There’s so many more things to say, but I understand that reworking a spec takes a lot of time and it’s possibly not happening mid expansion. The feedback above is what needs to be changed as soon as possible so not everyone abandons this spec. The one word I’d use to describe Death Knights, Frost specifically but other specs too, is that we are just outdated. Stuck in WOTLK when every other spec evolves.

8 Likes

Blizz don’t care about dks to start with.

If they did they shoud have removed frost dks already.

1 Like

Well UH and Blood are doing pretty well lately and had quite a bit of attention… Think some dev mains dk now so we’ve been getting some love…

Not saying things are perfect or anything.

Frost is a whole different story… What OP says barely scratches the surface in terms of issues!

There’s so many more things to say, but I understand that reworking a spec takes a lot of time and it’s possibly not happening mid expansion. The feedback above is what needs to be changed as soon as possible so not everyone abandons this spec. The one word I’d use to describe Death Knights, Frost specifically but other specs too, is that we are just outdated. Stuck in WOTLK when every other spec evolves.

^ I only mentioned what needs to be changed ASAP for the class to not be so outdated. Root of the issues are way deeper than this. But there’s no point in trying to make them listen mid expansion. We’re not getting a rework.

1 Like

@Murbastic ahahah, good one, that made me laugh… and then cry cause playing a pity frosty, sad story

The D&D to cleave is the worst idea blizzard ever had to “improve” frost dk’s issues with damage, and now at season 2, we even get those dragging into circle affix to move out from, and i get one every single time i just pressed frost pillar… REALLY?

if you really wanna bound the cleave to another spell, there is that lost and forgotten and VERY FROSTY remortless-useless-winter, remember? now think about its design… YES! IT MOVES WITH YOU, aint that amazing? we could maybe trash only 50% of frost pillar windows with this combo, instead of 99% with D&D, wich if you think about it, atm is working perfectly (and only) as a territory marker: drop it everywhere and walk away, exactly like dogs do

ps. would be funny to change the sounds of D&D dropping into a stupid “plop” :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.