Deathstalker is un-playable?

Hello, come back to WoW in late Dragonflight and played a few different classes but returned to my beloved Rogue which had been my main since BC.

I originally found the hero talents very bland and boring compared to other classes but thought i would see past it. The better talent out of all of them is the Deathstalker hero talent for Assassination.

However, i am struggling quite a lot with the whole hero talent based on using Ambush out of stealth???

I find i am constantly in combat and struggle to actually apply the debuff because i cant get into stealth to use it ?

Examples are… if the tank pulls another group before the current pack of mobs die… or in a few dungeons the environment randomly takes me out of stealth then im stuck and cant use Ambush??

Please make it make sense to me why the whole hero spec is based on using Ambush when its not a core skill in our rotation ???

Am i missing something or what?

2 Likes

Yes you are.

I am also curious how to apply mark in some chaotic situations. But I learned that you can also press vanish and apply deathmark when you got in combat randomly. In situations when tank pulls more use last talent in deathstalker tree called darkest night: when target dies you can use full stacks envenom on new target to apply new mark.

But yes, this talent tree feels unintuitive and clunky and boring, especially for new players.

I do use that but even still, full combo points to re-apply it. Seems like it’s not worth having the 7 cps. Easier to have 5.
Plus vanish on a 2 min cd isnt great with also no longet having Shadow Dance.

Maybe the spec/class is no longer for me i guess. Seems like a mess

You need to spend combo points at 5 when you dont have darkest night buff to proc marks and you should spend at 7 when you do have darkest night to reapply mark.

Try fatebound too, it doesn’t have this awkward mechanics afaik.