Default raid frames automatic profile switch

I'm wondering if there's any way to make it so that Blizzard's raid frames automatically switch profiles based on the number of people in the raid.

For example: from 5 to 15 people activate profile "A", from 25 to 40 people activate profile "B" etc.

You have to do it manually and it's quite annoying if you constantly run random BGs. Even an AddOn would do, any suggestions?

Edit: Typos.
1 Like
Blizzard has this feature built in.
Hit escape, go to Interface > Raid Profiles.

Haven't experimented with this myself but atleast you know how to get started :)
Blizzard has this feature built in.
Hit escape, go to Interface > Raid Profiles.

Haven't experimented with this myself but atleast you know how to get started :)

Thanks for your reply but I already know how they work, I just want to know how to make the profiles to switch automatically. :)
1 Like
Does it not work if you set the Auto-Activate On settings in the menu under Raid Profiles?
Nope, it doesn't. I have profile "A" set for 10-15 people + party and profile "B" for 25-40 people, but I still have to switch manually.
Hmm, one would assume that was what auto-activate would mean, but I just tested it in a couple of battlegrounds and mine didn't change automatically either.

If you want to stay with the default raid frames I don't know of an addon that can help you, but Pitbull has the feature to have different profiles based on raid size, if you don't mind changing to a unit frames addon.
Well thanks for trying yo help anyway, let's hope to have a positive answer sooner or later. :)
Bump
Bump
bump - interested to know if anyone has got this to work.
I think the problem is the UI doesn't reload automatically.

Maybe try /reload ui when you have entered a new raid/bg.
Other then that, no clue, I would like to have it working too, but have not that much experience with it, just noticed it didn't work. And while searching for a solution (and finding this via google) this came to my mind. But it's not like you find a rraid group fast to test it.. not many ppl playing these days or at the end of a week (weekly).

Overall some would expect at least the few opttions blizzard set up would work.. I mean you still need tons of addons but not even these few options work properly. I have to reload ui frequently...
bump - any idea anyone? or would be nice if it's gonna be fixed finally

the another problem is, that I can't share default raid frames with my alts, or can I anyhow?
3.5 years later and it still hasn't been fixed.
still bugged :( ... i dont want to install an addon just to fix this.
Why even implement a feature and then be so stubborn keeping it if it doesn't even work, Blizz?
1 Like
bump...
I usually don't contribute to necro threads but this one is as relevant now as it was 4 years ago. Too bad this is not useable, I don't want to waste memory on superfluous addons but apparently I don't have a choice.
Anything? Or Blizzard doesn't care about this?
They don't care. Still not fixed.
Bump, same.