Delaryn Summermoon

Nah not really.

If you talk to the undead night elves in darkshore they say each of them had their own reasons to accept the gift of undeath.

Would you be able to quote any, then? Genuinely curious.

To me it just makes no sense that they would join the forces that just mercilessly slaughtered their own people, destroying a city populated with civilians, without any actual reason to do so.

I just recall disappointment of Elune ‘allowing all of that to happen’ was mentioned.

You get a small dialogue with one of them about them being undead now and this is the thing they say. Can’t go into specifics as it’s been ages since I saw those lines.

If horde controls darkshore you can see what they have to say.

I will check.

It does however come more natural for me to think of this:

Calia: Night elf sentinels? Why are you… By the Light!

Lilian: Many fell at Teldrassil. Some were raised into rage and darkness, turned against their own people. They, too, have been abandoned.

Which is why I can’t help hoping for a ‘redemption’ of these unfortunate elves through Calia’s mediation.

That’s blizzard writing for you. NPCs contradict themselves.

1 Like

Or there could be different people moved by different reasons?

Anyway, since it is clearly related, I will just leave this here, too.

I don’t think there are many people that after getting a sibling killed, will join forces with the killers of their sibling, in killing the rest of their family, because the rest of the family failed helping save the sibling.

4 Likes

Oh, but I quite agree with you. I think once Sylvanas (and her psychological grip) is gone many of these recently raised night elves undead might want to reunite to their kin as possible, or even fight to protect them…

Yet, if what Hexelyion says about the Darkshore NPC is true we need to concede there could always be some particularly twisted individuals who were unhappy with their life, hated their own kin, are now happy to serve the Horde…

Well, obviously not but this is WoW and the rules surrounding undeath and the toll it takes on an individuals mental state is very unclear. Some manage it well and fine (Zelling) while others are trapped in a state of total despair, hatred and rage. (Sira)

Not saying that’s an excuse of course but rather that because some of those who were risen, like Sira, were unfortunate to be condemned to an existence such as that it might be better if people separated their living life from their “life” in undeath since the characters and all their previous values, creeds, morals and loyalties are obviously so completely altered because of the misery that was inflicted upon them.

She died in that very same cinematic,
You didn’t notice?

Nathanos, us as players and two of the Val’kyr are sent to reclaim her body in the prologue quests before the Battle of Darkshore Warfront.
That’s also when we kill(optional) and raise Sira too.

Excuse me, do you have a moment to talk about the consistency of the Windrunner sisters.

“Grrr we hate Horde! We hate Horde so much! I bet I hate them more than you Big Sister, I hate them so much that I reserve all my anger for my former Comrades, the people of our very own race! I murder them, and have them tortured”
“Oh is that so Vereesa, Well I hate Horde so much that I…”
-Warchief of the entire Horde-Sylvanas walks into the room

“Yaaaay, it our sister!”
“Hey guys, fancy going for a ride through the inexplicably still full of zombies Ghoslands, I’ll even summon us some zombie bony pony’s because I know how you both won’t bat an eyelid at that”

“Yaaaay, lets chill”

Lets be fair, inconsistent writing is not the province of one faction or the other…

2 Likes

or, you know, as Sira says; Elune betrayed them

you worship a goddess for thousands of years only to have her betray you all and only give a token power to her priestess AFTER her worshippers are dead

In case anyone hasn’t seen it and wanted to:-

Yes, I’m sure that’s a perfectly good and valid reason to kill all those you loved and fought to protect five minutes earlier. /s

1 Like

people kill their own family in the real world for the ‘word of god’

why on earth would this be any different?
throw in the fact theyre undead and have that after-death clarity

You do realize that we’re talking about elves who lived for several thousand years in the same community?

yeah devoted to the goddess that watched them all die

She watched them all die in the war of the ancients, so why is this suddenly special?

because now they’re undead and don’t have the unyielding conviction

I would hate the goddess that watched us all burn SEVERAL times,
and those that would kill for her are obviously the enemy

undeath clearly breaks most familial ties,
trying to play the logical fallacy means nothing to a corpse

Still, losing my faith wouldn’t suddenly turn me into a genocidal maniac wanting to kill everyone I ever cared about and fought to protect.