Delay flying until 9.0

Why ruin fun world pvp for literally no reason, it is already super easy to get around with the whistle, takes like 2secs, adding flying is literally pointless, maybe next expac for tourism if you wanna see the zones but it’s not needed in 8.2.
Pros:
-appeases casuals
-10sec faster to get from WQ A to WQ B
-???
cons
-ruins w pvp
-ruins immersion
-ruins the devs work in creating great world/zones
-is not very wow-ish, more like blade runner or something where everyone is in flying cars zipping around makes the sky look so dumb
-everyone has so unique weird thing for a mount looks like a clown show

all in all i think we can see the case i’ve made, delay flying.

50 Likes

Well, I’m glad for you but not glad for the others who want flying. Your case is made up of things that make you happy and balls to the people who are want to fly - selfish, no?

Your opinions are yours, keep them :slight_smile:

80 Likes

Adding flying isn’t pointless because I’d say there’s a lot of us who don’t care about PvP, especially wPvP.

When flying arrives in 8.2 I’ll be happy. Might motivate me to do WQ’s more often :slight_smile:

73 Likes

I say never add flying.

20 Likes

elitist

very narrow view and not what a lot of players will use flying for. (me, archeology, achievements, pet battles)

ok, i’ll give you that one. but wasn’t this the case in TBC? and to a lesser degree Wotlk - MoP?

BS. next.

BS. next.

BS. next.

BS. next.

thank you for making the case FOR flying and to never not have it instantly available at max level EVER again.

43 Likes

please no

• they should try to design the world around flying…it worked during TBC and WotLk
  • for w pvp there is a item, which throws players from their mounts
  • it doesn’t ruin the devs work, if they would just design the world with flying in mind
  • you can actually get from a to b (it is really annoying, especially in zones like zuldazar, which can’t be more linear, the only way to get from a to b is through streets, almost no open spaces, recently I wanted to pick up a chest like directly next to me, but guess what,a cliff between me and the chest,I had to run around half the zone to get there)
17 Likes

Aérîth awwww i was only half way through reading that :frowning:

I like it like it is now. I have a white horse that fits with the winter mage mog i have and i always enjoy riding. Love the zones, some nice skill went into those and now that i have a new computer the ride is even more aesthetically pleasing.

Theres even a skill you can buy on the ship that prevents mobs on zandalar and kultiras to dismount you.

3 Likes

Here is a good compromise then, you can only fly when warmode off, and warmode bonuses buffed for 1000%, and you can’t enter dungeons/raids without warmode unless you do a complicated math puzzle

1 Like

World PvP worked fine in Wrath of the Lich King and we had flying. We didn’t even have that handy gizmo to dismount people.

26 Likes

Why is it always rogues that want wPvP to be so easy I wonder.

Hmm!

33 Likes

Not an argument you just say ‘bs’ I provided facts, logic and common sense

2 Likes

You didnt give any facts, silly :slight_smile: All those were your opinion

19 Likes

My main is WW, and you can just fly over people anyway with your class so why are you against it?

Gliding isn’t flying.

I’m fine with flying being delayed but when it’s coming, I’m going to be using it because of how easy it’ll make things, along with how much time it’ll save.

I do not care about WPvP and your silly rogue shenanigans.

8 Likes

ok no flying but give us the ability to spam sap on DHs with no DR when they are doing mythic raids

sorry, I misclicked, now I put it back

Only joking but seriously, warmode was great success, why waste it so people can do their world quests quicker so they turn game off quicker, these people don’t even enjoy the game anyway, why ruin for us

3 Likes

Needed, ofc it’s not “needed”. But they can’t keep taking flying away and giving it back in an achievement-farm game two patches in the expansion. This pong game has to stop.

But you claim it ruins World PvP, but well, in my opinion it’s in a terrible state already.

Rather fly and not get dazed or chased by 100s of mobs for half the area then…

6 Likes

I never saw another game that has this kind of flying like wow because devs know its so pointless and makes the game into fast food mcdonalds like many other things in the game, it is like fornite or mobile games

the game should be immersive and memory creating that rewards time and work, THAT breeds long term happiness not dopamine simulator 9000 speed rush like what flying is, flying = same as playing on ur phone

3 Likes