Deleted (c req)

deleted (chars requ)

3 Likes

yes , people leave wow . ggwp Blizzard ;d PVE ITEMS . I like trinket 160k absorb its free buble :smiley: and 60k rotation in arena , ur dps never die jhahajahjdahjad

That won’t happen any time soon mate. Affli lock is S-tier in raids.

water is wet and what is your point?

Every single damage dealing caster spec has 2+ casting schools with the exception of Affli Warlock. Which is not too great right now.

Control wise they are inferior to Mage and Rogue.

Doesn’t make it even to TOP10 PvP problems right now.
Survivability is kinda major problem right now. Too great for some classes, too garbage for others.

Somehow I fail to see Fire Mages on the list even tho they can kill ppl faster than enemy’s global cooldown (literally).

Nor do I see Retri Paladin, even though he’s capable of hitting for over 100k by single instant long-range ability, which is more than two Chaos Bolts and more than Greater Pyro…

Shadow Priest? :thinking:

As I said.

Shadow Priest is not Affli Warlock. He has multiple spell schools.

I think you said it wrong then, or not as you intended to meant it. :yum:

I am very careful with my words. You should be too.
Shadow Priest is damage dealing caster spec with 2+ casting schools. That’s a fact.
Affliction is the only damage dealing caster spec with 1 casting school. That’s another fact.

Doesn’t mean other things than damage can’t be tweaked to make it less of a punching bag.

Try queue’ing fire mage into melee cleaves and you’ll see part of why. If you face a DK then you’ll be hardpressed to get off greater pyro’s and combust is countered by AMZ, leaving you without some of the major burst. Same thing against warlocks in regards to greater pyro but they’ll often have to respond heavily to combust “go’s”.
That greater pyro even is a necessity for fire to work speaks volumes for the current meta anyways.
That being said then Fire Blast deals too much damage for something that’s off the GCD and usable during other casts in order to make the spec feel fluid to play.

Stretchy statement, because you’re going into the realm of absurdities to reinforce the notion that Affliction stands out.
That’s not being careful with words, that’s being sneaky with them.

Doesn’t help his case when knowing that affli can interrupt when locked out, while a spec like arcane can’t do that.

Yeah I mean, the reality of just about all caster specs is that they revolve around a single school of magic. That’s kind of what Blizzard have themed each spec around.
Then you can always find the odd impurities here and there, like Frost Nova or Resurrection. But that doesn’t detract from the fact that when you play either spec, then their toolkit is Arcane and Shadow, respectively.
Affliction Warlock doesn’t really stand out in that regard, as its toolkit revolves around Shadow. The lack of any odd impurities in the toolkit don’t change much in terms of practical gameplay.

that’s upside of having pet kick
there is also downside like the pet kick is CCable and killable

keep in mind that Arcane can block when kicked, Affli can’t use wall when kicked

Definately untrue. Might be logic of Blizzard, but Fire Mage currently has 3 important spell casts and each of them is different school. Boomkin has Cyclone and Starsurge - different spell schools, both matters.
Shadow Priest trully has no major damage dealing spells non-shadow, but his holy spells bring great utility.

OH yea, it does. Frost Nova is toolkit. So it’s not Arcane. MD, Leap of Faith, dispel, PWS is all toolkit, all holy and all available to Shadow.

It does as it has literally no other spell usable while locked out.

Agree to disagree then. I would argue every single caster spec is hamstrung by being interrupted in its primary school of magic. Most specs will have a few odd abilities in a secondary or tertiary school of magic to fall back upon, but they’re not abilities to rely on.

A spec that juggles more seamlessly between two schools of magic would be Discipline Priest. It can have close to a 50/50 split between its primary abilities in either the Holy or Shadow school of magic. No caster dps specs are anywhere near that. It’s a 90/10 split at best if you’re a Balance Druid.

And frost nova as well but getting kicked on arcane is often just as damaging as getting kicked as affli since it leaves you with next to nothing in either case. Arcane can also be hurt badly by rightly timed offensive dispels when it comes to kiting.

you don’t risk dying as much as affli does, when you still can block as arcane

we could debate how much important it is, that’s true and it’s subjective to some extent
but what’s not subjective is wheter affli is the only caster with no other spell schools
it’s objective fact that he is, so it’s pointless to argue something that’s true

That’s your only out on a 5 min CD with no passives whatsoever to help you either besides the generic ones from azerite pieces (no blink/shimmer or instant casts for the class specific ones).

:roll_eyes:

You put too much emphasis on being correct in writing than being correct in context.

I mean, if you interrupt an Arcane Mage, then that Arcane Mage is not going to instantly use Frost Nova just because he can. Frost Nova is a situational ability that you use under the correct circumstances – it is not a rotational ability you can fall back on in case your Arcane spells are interrupted.

The same holds true for Shadow Priest. If your Shadow spells are interrupted, it’s not like you just start pressing Leap of Faith and Mass Dispel just because you can. Those are not abilities you can fall back on – it would be reckless to use them without care for the circumstances.

So within the context of gameplay, there really is no difference between an Arcane Mage having its Arcane spells interrupted and an Affliction Warlock having its Shadow spells interrupted. The result is the same: You’re hamstrung.

But from a purely argumentative point of view, if it was a dispute and not a discussion, then you are of course factually correct in your statement. But like Erasmus Montanus, that just attracts ire, not admiration.

of course there is, because for arcane mage, there is consideration and he might use frost nova or might not
for affli there is not any consideration

so back to my original claim

you might, but you definately should be pressing PWS if you don’t intend to press MD nor Life Grip