Deleting character name reserved/locked

a while back i created a character with a name i wanted for a new char. if i delete that character is that name immediately free to be used by an other user?

or is it locked to my account for a while. ?

It’s best to use it as quickly as possible.

1 Like

i found an old post on us forums where a gm said

if you use the Character Name Change service the name will lock for 90 days. However, it is still available to you during that period.

It is similar to the 30 day lock if you delete a character level 30+, that character’s name is usable only by your Battle net account for that duration.

the most recent acticle about undeleting wow chars the lvl30+ in the 2016 acticle is 10+ now.

with this info. it would think that if i delete my lvl 15 char the name of the char is unable to be used by others besides my account.

im looking for comformation till is still the case or not.

Hey there Eentje!

Hopefully I can shed some light on the question you had.

You are correct in that if you use the Character Name Change service your name will be unavailable for any other player on the same realm for 90 days. You can still create characters on the same account to use that name during that time.

When you delete a character that name will be reserved for 30 days, but that only happens if the character was level 30 or above when deleted. Same rule applies as for Name Changes, the name will remain available to be used on your account during this period.

I hope this helps!

6 Likes

great, thx for the response Arzomaju. i hope this was the case. i just need to push it up a few lvls before i delete it but that is no issue and always fun.

greetz eentje,

1 Like

How does it work right now? When 50 is max

Exactly the same as when 120 was the maximum level.