Demo in 8.2

Hi guys.
I wanna ask u about demolock. I’m thinking about boosting him but i’m not 100% sure if it’s worth. I’m mostly mythic + player and currently playing bm hunter but i’m looking for something more usefull for pt and with bigger numbers. How do u feel about demolock ?

Kinda depends what your definition of ‘usefull’ is. I’d say unless you’re doing 20++ every class/spec is viable.
Not to mention that BM is actually a solid dungeon choice in general and puts out solid ‘big numbers’ dps wise combined with a small amount of utility options as Misdirection/traps and possible heroism replacement.

If you’re pushing anything less than 20’s i’d say go for what you enjoy most playing.

Im definetly not going to encourage boosting Demo however what I can say the spec is capable in Mythic + and definetly more so than Aff or even Destro in most cases.

Mythic+ is not my speciaility by far but the tools Demo has are fine enough for that mode, you have decent AoE with Bilescourge and implosion and if there isn’t much running you should be able to pull DPS pretty well, however that goes for lot of other specs and classes that are not warlock

Do it I boosted this girl back in wod (when she was human) loved demo in wod, bit bored in Legion but in bfa she’s amazing and soooooo much fun to play.

You also get such an amazing sense of dominance when you get your demon army together it truly is such a fun spec and brilliant with mythic plus but personally I havn’t had any issues with raiding or pvp can I suggest you roll them as a velf only reason I say is because velf’s don’t have there casting delayed while taking damage :blush: comes in handy if you become overwhelmed and need to soulstone yourself.

1 Like

How exactly is Bfa demo fun? Our so called “demon army” which is comprised with imps (weakest demon) is all we’re summoning. OP I wouldn’t bother playing this awful spec with gimped talents that make no sense or even work properly.

3 Likes

I have to support this

Just to note, with demonic consumption being the best talent and not taking inner demons because Felguard stun is extremely usefull, my army usually consist of max 8 imps. I dont have problem with them being imps personally but 8 is not an army.

Another thing, if you ever get demo, count how long it takes for your imps to actually starting cast, Hand of Guldan itself does little damage and the imps have a delay, even worse with Dreadstalkers, that deal no immideate damage and have even worse delay before they start attacking.

I don’t want to scare the op from demo but Im sorry I remember exactly how youtubers were wrong about demo being good in legion which most of them even admited it later and the spec still isnt that good.
It looks good I know but that’s just another reason why Im trying to warn against it.

I don’t want to scare you away but demos got lot of problems and I always get mini-hearth attack when people praise it unironically, it definetly has good moments and you of course can just not care and play it but I play it everday so I care.

Even so if I may level lock if you really want one, spend your boost on some 3 button spec and if you really want to have lock leven him, try him out and learn to love him.

3 Likes

Well I find demo fun the rotation is constant. I hardly find myself with any downtime my dps is pretty good and the whole spec is fun. Yes it has some teathing problems I suppose but show me a spec that doesn’t literally show me one.

Every spec in wow has an ability or a, mechanic that either sux, is broken or is completely pointless. I play demo lock because I find it fun the old school demo was good metamorphosis was a nice idea but I didn’t find myself using it that much it kinda irritated me. For me a demonology warlock is a commander of a demon army and that’s what the current demo makes you and I’m happy with that :blush:.

I’ve got a destro lock and his fun if I wanna play somthing fast and different I play him I tried affliction but couldn’t get on with it’s boring rotation and constantly keep an eye on dot’s did my nut in but to each his of her own.

If you enjoy demo boost yourself a velf lock demo I did and I’ve never looked back.

1 Like

Is there any how to unlock velf in wow? :slight_smile:

You have to earn them by building rep in Legion :blush: If I remeber you have to get the rep from completing argus wq.

1 Like

Thanks alot! :slight_smile:

Demonology has one of the longest rampups in the game though.

Yes but with demo this is directly tied into your ability to do your DPS since that delay affects your demons which is the main source of damage.

Yeah summoning 4 imps is my most favourite thing about Gul’dan in WoD cinematics. It is nice if you feel comfortable with what you are playing but if you look there is lot of posts explaining how broken and unworkable this is on WoW enginge, our fellow warlock here makes lot of posts explaining it very well

The thing is, that rotation had everything in the world. You had direct spammable bolt, you had a dot, you had instant spell with 2 charges that also applied a dot and proc for soulfire to generate as much fury as you can and jump into godmode, I can’t even say how much I appreciated that playstyle.

Also I understand that demonology to you means summoning demons, it did to me too, thats why I came into it in Cataclysm but I came for demons and stayed for the excelent playstyle and I miss that now.

Destruction is bit too fast for what it’s supposed to be going for but yeah, if you get overwhelming power on all your stuff you can pull out so many bolts.

Aff is better than in Legion but I wouldn’t main it either.

Good luck with that, I didn’t enjoy the grind but all you need is Argussian reach reputation, just look into broken Isles and check when Argus emissaries are up, when I did it I also managed to get Army of the Light rep at the same time so you might unlock Lightforged draenei if you try.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.