Demo pet management

Hi guys,

What addon (or more so, how) do people monitor the timers on Imps and Felhounds to maximise rotation?

It seems impossible using the default pet tracking to maximise damage.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

You don’t need to track any of them because the rotation is pretty static.

Care to expand?

Your opener and mid tyrant set ups are almost always the same, leaving enough time to get a set amount of imps before your dogs start to drop off, so by tracking them, it’s screen clutter and not needed.

I can see it holding value for practicing, but the default UI will work fine. You only really need to track your dogs with it in that case.

As Atriohm said, simply doing a proper rotation will be enough.

If you still want to track stuff for PvE, I recommend Luxthos WeakAuras.

You can move and change things around with a bit of practice.

The one, single thing you need to track as demo is your Demonic Core charges. You don’t need any addons or WA’s at all, aside from this, because the game deals with these pretty badly.

I’m gonna have to disagree here, addons and Weak Auras are extremely useful and I wouldn’t recommend anybody to play without them.

PvE and PvP is a little bit different because you need to track different things, but having having proper addons and WAs is very comfortable.

Some people that have been playing for many years didn’t have any visual help and they are used to looking at 0.5cm icons and moving their eyeballs up and down to check buffs/debuffs and cooldowns constantly, but that they are used to, doesn’t mean it’s any good.

Get proper addons and WA for whatever content you do.

Meh! You don’t need any of it to play demo. There’s some value in tracking some things, but it’s absolutely not necessary. You realise this when your addons break down mid progression and you’re still able to function perfectly fine. You have nothing to track apart from a couple of 1-2 minute CD’s and core stacks.
People seem to like their screens filled with rubbish… how often do you really look at it, though? The game by default gives you enough information for this spec.
Affliction on the other hand is a spec when WA’s with timers are more useful for DOT’s etc because the default UI only has an icon and doesn’t display seconds left on a DOT.

I have no idea what you’re talking about, I’ve never had any issue with addons “breaking down”.

Even if you keep them outdated most of them will work normally, I think your computer is the problem, not the addons.

At the start of a new expansion, things can go wrong.

So you’re gonna decline 2 years of comfort for 1 or 2 days of possible issues?

What is wrong with you?

I don’t get it… Are you just trying to pick a fight?

It’s a common misconception that you need weakauras and demon trackers to play demo. You don’t need any of it. The default UI has everything you need. If you like your screen filled with stuff, then fine. Good for you, I guess.

No, I’m trying to understand why would you lie.

You don’t need to track imps, but tracking other big cooldowns, Demonic Core procs, shards, etc. is essential.

The default UI is absolute :dog: :poop:

Unit frames are too small, the icons are small, they are placed waaaaaaay too far from each other (yes you can zoom and move them but they are still :dog: :poop:), and they are not clear and beautiful like ElvUI for example.

That’s why the big majority of (good) players use addons like Weak Auras, OmniCD, BigWigs, etc.

You are advising against something that pretty much everyone agrees is better, which leds me to think you’re just a stubborn in which case your opinion has no value and I won’t let you mislead people.

You are just trying to pick a fight, as per the WOW forum standard… /shrug

I haven’t lied nor advised not using addons, I use weakauras and addons. They aren’t essential for playing demo, because the necessary information is already covered by the default UI.
I don’t even pay attention to some of my weakauras most of the time, they need pruning further.
The only thing you need to track, as I said before are DC stacks

Just to illustrate this point, I went ahead and proved it

https://imgur.com/a/qBMYx8L

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.