Demo Warlock

Hey folks and hopefully blizzard. I have been thinking about the talent Doom and it feels like it have to get removed or reworked.

Does anyone even use it in pve?

We pick it in pvp for the shards. but let be real, i think it must be the most boring and unrewarding spell on the demo tree.

Maybe i am the only one that feel this way.
Let’s talk about it.

3 Likes

wow wow wow sir we don’t do that here

here with demo lock devs instead of listening to healthy and good words your saying about bad doom or kazaak’s final curse

or life steal / leech in class tree is totally awful and useless in both pve and pvp for demo and destro

nah we don’t do that here , here thanks to dev they get rid of our core procc and make us less shard generating over time and hard casting even more

PS: tho joke aside even if you check murlok for pvp nobody ever taking this talent , even if you want to use it in 10.1.5 since shard generation is even less, then it will be huge dps loss duo to new talents that increase damage of felguard and crit on imp fire balls , type on google ( 10.1.5 talent calculation wowhead ) then it will come to you in search (Augmentation Evoker Dragonflight Talent Calculator - …) and click on augmentation evoker then select demo spec and try to spec and you will know what i mean that simply not enough talent point to spare now

PS2 : even worst according to their data ( since they have way to track people talent choices ) nobody play life steal in class lock nor taking doom yet they keep it the same , same with burning rush and fiendish stride

You pick it , because it is the only instant cast spell demo has to tag mobs with on the run .
That being said it is total trash . It does the damage of 1 shadow bolt after 18 seconds and if the enemy dies / gets dispelled , you get nothing for your global CD .
it needs to be reworked to at least do some damage (for instance aoe) , or summon a demon if it is dispelled / enemy dies . Anything that makes the spell ok to use for anything other than mob tagging .

Old doom could summon a demon you could enslave if it killed its target and it did real damage ( the combination of a bout a minute and a bit worth of agony ticks )

Here’s a cool idea from side . How about every enemy tagged with DOOM , takes a secondary DOOMbolt or Shadow bolt when you cast .
Meaning you have 5 dooms running , if you cast 1 shadow bolt , you get 1 Bolt flying at each tagged mob .
Something like this :

2 Likes

Hand of doom.

Fully agree that it needs some sort of rework as it’s completely useless.

1 Like

believe it or not , hand of doom once happened in cata private server bug back in days when cata was new

instead of you procc imps you procc doomguards instead and infero that deals damage of an imp , tho was so dam epic seeing 3-5 greater demon around me in dungeon back in the days lol

when u press doom , summon an imp , when doom does dmg , sum and imp + get a soul shard - think this would make it more exciting , or leave the imp at the end , but maybe a better version

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.