Demon hunter complexity in shadowlands?

I am split between maining dh or paladin in shadowlands. I used to main druid, but they just got so simplistic and visually boring that I can’t bear to play it anymore. I even stopped playing BfA because of it.

Now that I came back, I am actually enjoying again questing, building character, planning, etc. I used to do high mythic+ and mythic raids, so the question is:

==> what are the chances that demon hunter will get tad more complex than just pressing 3 buttons non-stop + 2 buttons on cd? with conduits, legendaries, etc?

How complex was demon hunter in BfA?

I am talking about both tanking and dps specs. I enjoy doing both. And usually did both in Legion.

1 Like

DH wont get more comlex you see, this class was introduced after prunning of abbilities so it already had everything, therefore there is no abbility to give them back like other classes are getting.I can see maybe like momentum gimmick build for pvp/ some m+ abuse.

1 Like

Such a cool class and, yet, such a boring rotation. I got bored within the trial, when I was checking the rotation on dummies.

3 Likes

I see what you did there :grin:

4 Likes

Dunno what you’re talking about. Can we stay on the topic, please? My eyes get burnt off out of boredom when I play demon hunter. Seriously, I can play them blindfolded.

1 Like

They changed vengence a bit by making fel devistation baseline and makes you go into demon form for a while.

Havoc is pretty much the same with a few number changes but apparently they’ve messed with fury gen and it feels more clunky to play. O and the target cap too. Also meta reseting eye beam and blade dance is baseline.

I like the simplicity of havoc in m+ because you can focus on mob control and still do good damage but in raid I get so bored.

Current stand out melee specs (according to youtube vids I’ve seen) for 9.0 are shammy, dk, paly and monk

I really don’t understand why they decided to make very simple class in a game where all classes are quite simple. Are there really people struggling with some classes…

P.S. I get what you mean. I enjoyed playing guardian druid in mythic+, cause mythic+ made it fun, but even in mythic raiding, I couldn’t hold out for more than 2 weeks.

1 Like

It was designed for legion and legion design seemed simple but there was actually a lot of depth in the artifact traits system. DH was a new class for new players I suppose. You could always play the momentum build, dunno how viable it is but its much whackier.

I get it, but we had BFA and now we’re getting into next expansion. “DH came in Legion” excuse seems quite irrelevant now. Do you know how long I wanted to play as pseudo-Illidan in an rpg game? Ever since warcraft 3!

1 Like

Tbh DH (Havoc) rotation is not anymore simple then other dps-specs. Maybe with the exception of feral.

2 Likes

If you like both to dps and tank and you want some diversity but high mobility, you should probabilly give a try to the monk. It’s fairly complex to master,still easy to get into. Brewmaster is awesome.

I love DH, but it’s been designed to be easy, expecially for new players, both on the dps and the tank side. So it’s probabilly not going to be complex, ever. I mean you can’t find what you’re looking for in this class.

1 Like

I think most dps classes are similar. Hitting a few buttons and waiting for CDs.

Maybe DPS isn’t your bag? Maybe try tanking DH?

1 Like

Almost all dps classes need to click 3 buttons in pve :unamused:

1 Like

Vengeance seems to be fun in SL

2 Likes

yes it does.Looks a lot more complex than it is now

1 Like

It has more potential builds and more reliable defenses. The fiery Brand build looks really good!

1 Like

when i try to deviate from meta build… like using this one i see how much we depend on meta build damn i wish dark slash/full chaos would be meta

1 Like

I like how vengeance is looking and would like to try out a havoc momentum build.

hopefully momentum will be a good alterantive to demonic in shadowlands because it adds a little bit extra into the rotation for more interesting gameplay.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.