Demon Hunter in Battle Grounds

Demon Hunter need some kind of range spell or immunity to roots or something like that because when fighting a ranged class like mages we can’t land a single hit most of the time

Fighting ranged classes using Rain from above it’s useless if used in a tunnel or other low roofed place, the ability cancels after we hit the ceiling, which is sad because it’s the only ability we have to land some hits

Fighting melees it’s ok but between snares, roots, fears, disoriented, etc, we have no mobility at all, so whats the point playing a demon hunter in bgs?

So i ask, are we the worst class for pvp?

We are definitely not the worst class for PvP.

You can absolutely decimate and harass ranged unless rooted.

But hey, every melee is pretty much screwed when rooted. That is the counter for us. I would reccomend putting on defensive when you get to this awkward situation. Blur might save you and it lasts whole root duration. Healer can dispell you if he is near. And darkness when talented to 70% is also very good for keeping you alive. You can also talent to datainment which gives you long range CC. And you can also pick fel eruption to get ranged stun. So there are ways to deal with this.

If no ally is near and you get rooted in the middle of the enemies, you are certainly death. Then you need to reconsider your strategy and stay near Healers and allies.

Rain from above is generaly not reccomended to pick for reasons you mentioned.

I understand your point, but tell me have you ever win an one on one fight versus a mage your ilevel?

Just avoid fighting a mage as a melee as stated Above all melee struggle with mages

The amount of cc and bs in pvp is what made me go to a pve server when I switched from Rogue to DH. Rogues have ways to deal with roots. DH has none. It’s not the worst class sure but it doesn’t feel good tbh. It’s like being ranged and having you not be able to cast for long durations. It’s bad.

Reverse Magic and Rain from Above both clear roots.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.