Demon Hunter Meta Customization when?

Petition to give Demon Hunters Metamorphosis Customization options aswell.
Since Druids have had a massive GLOW to their Customizations including Warlock Pets when are we gonna see some love for Demon Hunters getting some Customization options for their Metamorphosis appearances?

8 Likes

I can only approve. Thought it would be announced with TWW or the roadmap, but nothing to see…

3 Likes

Would be great to have us Demon Hunters be finally able customize our demon form.

In the beginning, we were supposed to have our forms partially match with the demonic features of our elven forms. From that we only have runic tattoos and hair color (which is bugged with new hair colors). Horn shape never got implemented, and neither were hairstyles.

With the emergence of Dracthyr, which actually have a skeleton that somewhat matches Demon Form (with probably all combat animations already implemented, too), and even more so the Shadowlands’ Dreadlord models, I think it should not be too hard to use these to resolve this overdue issue of lacking customization.

Same as Boomkins, the OG demon forms could still be an option, but there should be a fully customizable one:

• Horns, hair style and color, and runes should be duplicated from humanoid form.
  • We should be able to choose if we prefer winged or spiked version, and to have a choice of different spikes or wings (normal, armored, dreadlord, aranasi, spectral, you name it).
  • Customizable feet (hooves, claws, etc.)

It would be extra awesome if we would get to also see some armor pieces (Wrists, Hands, Waist, and Legs) as our current armor on humanoid form (no Helm, Shoulders, Chest, or Feet, due to other customizations). It might be too much to ask, though. I mean, Dracthyr didn’t get it either…

With the customizations, I think Demon Hunters should also get to use their wings properly. Perhaps a new out of combat ability to allow Demon Flight, working same as Dracthyr Soar - change to demon form to fly, which dissipates upon landing.

Also, to make sure we can actually sport our new customizations and make Blizzard artists and animators proud of their work, maybe we could get some new cosmetic ability added allowing to temporarily access your Metamorphosis form (like a toy, 10 min duration with 1h CD, without combat benefits and removed upon entering combat). You know, for RP purposes.

I mean, regardless, Blizzard art teams deserve all the credit they are due. But… Please make the above happen!

4 Likes

Also wings customization, to finnaly Have normal and not tattered wings with holes and tears. Wings of same quality like dracthyr have.

5 Likes

It would be great if they also added customization for horns and wings, like we can collect different wings skins and use them, also Demon form obviously its outdated badly.

2 Likes

Ive been wanting this for so long and also hoped for TWW to be the light at the end of the tunnel. Demon form for DHs needs more attention, pleeeease!

It’s not fun to press meta and suddenly have a different shape & color of my runes/tattoos, a different haircut, and basically looking like a completely different character all of a sudden. It’s alienating.

3 Likes

I’m not against it but can’t see it happening. All the other class abilities that get appearance attention are permanent until cancelled i.e Druid animal forms, Shaman Ghost Wolf etc. Metamorphosis lasts 15/20 seconds.