Demon pets

I am curious what demon pets to use when I am questing. Currently I am using the voidwalker as I read it is the best one to use when leveling/questing?

Voidwalker is my go-to minion for anything that isn’t group content as it is a sufficient tank that takes a beating, allowing me to do my rotation without interruptions. Otherwise I use the Fel dog thing in group content for interrupts, and the Succubus in PvP.

1 Like

I mostly use the voidwalker, but I rather like the felhunter too.

Just play what you like. Retail is so easy now that mobs deal no damage and you have no mana issues and on top of that you have absorbs/healing. Its not classic or tbc when you have to drain and drink after each mob…

1 Like

Used to use Voidwalker but found the Felhunter was better to stop nasty casts when in the open world and demons seem to roughly do the same damage across the board (not including abilities)

Even tried my Succubus which I haven’t summoned in years and that was half decent.

Voidwalker is utterly useless, and quit using it, as it cant hold agro and is squishy as hell. I usually use doggy and drain life

1 Like

That is why you need to toggle on auto-cast for Suffering, Consuming Shadows, and Threatening Presence. I have no issues with agro as the VW will tank the targets I am attacking, and Consuming Shadows is a nice AoE that also self-heals the minion.

I have no problems with the Voidwalker whatsoever unless I accidentally overpulls by a lot, but then I would be ducked anyways and forced to fear and run.

depends on the utility you need, voidwalker generally is best for world content as it tanks for you,

voidwalker can be good for DPS in dungeons provided you turn off its auto taunt,

genearally in dungeons you will want to use the void doggo or observer depending on glyph because it allows for a purge and interrupt, but there are also some useful isntances where imp can be useful, teleporter boss in theatre of pain and the last boss in spires of ascension as examples for that,

the imp is generally good in raids, interrupts are less useful overall, and the imp also doesnt have to run everywhere back and forward between mobs when target swapping.

It’s always on. No functions are missing - i still don’t like it. Maybe I am comparing it to old voidwalker when it actually could tank

i prefer to use felhunter whenever possible, interrupt/friendly dispel is always nice to have

voidwalker is kinda useless

I always use felguard, guess what spec I am…

2 Likes

Idk what these other people are talking about with Felhunters and Voidwalkers, never heard of such things myself

I dunno if you are aware, but this thread is in the Warlock class forum.

I usually send my subordinate to handle my communications

I use my Voidlord 95% of time. Shivarra is for instances so VL doesn’t mess with the tanks. Observer is useful when you want to interrupt casting.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.