Demonology playstyle - Tyrant, Pitlord etc

I have no problem with having an alternate spec being as good, or slightly lower if its much easier to play as a trade off - like passives vs on use, but why is the harder version of demo so bad now?

I cannot believe still that blizzard did this. I was overly frustrated at demonology rework from Shadowlands to be fair, which in my opinion got rid of one of the most enjoyable versions of demonology ever, but the latest iteration…completely BUTCHERED the playstyle. All i see if new warlock players praising devs and long standing locks are like…wtf?

Why p*ss off the people who enjoy the spec in favour of the people who can’t physically can’t play it. Why not have both versions with relevant skill caps? Tyranny Tyrant is dead now and pitlord is also dead, its 10% behind the mindnumbing HoG, bolt, HoG, bolt, summon demons on CD because who really cares, except lining felguard and tyrant at 2m because you know, they still don’t line up.

197K vs. 218K ST with an on use trinket (favours the CD spec). Not ideally geared as warlock is an alt (because its sh*t to play now) but it gets the point across.

Scarizard if you see this (I can hope, probably a slightly higher % than legendary drops), please do something to fix the spec, I don’t care that you aren’t the lock dev but you have good takes usually so please help us. HELP. US.

Because the warlock dev can’t even handle the 3 specs let alone making multiple talent builds relevant.

And if you think they could have just buffed tyrant build and such. No. That is not a option, dont ask me why, because i dont even know why myself.

Best we can do is sneaky delete post’s so there’s no issue with the class design.

They should also address our lack of party wide utility. Free health pots arent exaclty mind blowing, we need a spell that is a buff and f.e. curse removal. Warlock can apply them but cant femove them? Kek.

Compare lock to a mage, that has BL, int buff, immunity for soaks, Much shorter cd on iterrupt and curse removal. So yeah, awkward talent builds arent exaclty core of a problem with this class IMO.

I think in the grand scheme of things the designers have their chosen handful of classes which they put a lot of focus into to make them interesting for PvP and PvE. As such, melee classes are extremely OP as tested myself, and the only caster being thought about is Mage. These guys have all the utility and mobility to deal with melee classes clinging to them and bursting them.

What does a warlock have? Literally nothing viable. What about Shadow Priest? Nothing again. Boomkin? In the dust.

I don’t understand why it’s such a puzzle for them to be able to ensure Warlocks are hard to deal with in PvP and fun to play in both PvP and PvE. Our main strength used to be curses and controlling a situation to lure a target into an unavoidable punishment i.e a Chaos Bolt that would deal 60-70% of anyone’s HP in a single carefully set up 4 second cast.

At this point, the only way to make Warlocks stand on their own two feet without the need of several crutches like pocket healers and a rogue to CC for us, is to combine all 3 of our specs into one.

I kinda want to stay on point with demonology spec and playstyle
But to answer your Q in short though extra health pots are great.

To answer the other queries on locks above:

• Higher hp than most,
  • Passive 15% DR shared with demon,
  • On CD 45s ~75% HP shield.
  • Raid wise 25% heal off GCD,
  • Gateway
  • On CD Increased movement speed (perma as long as HP lasts)
  • Summon stone is also important

M+ same reasons as raid and a battle res. They do very good aoe whilst maintaining most of their ST.

We have a lot to like, lets not undersell that, its how fun and rewarding the class is to play that veteran warlocks are annoyed at, or certainly I am very annoyed at that I decided to stop maining it.

Becase we don’t have a class designer as a human being that works for blizzard that has a dediated job to design and fix demonology.

All changes that we get is a result of the afterthinking of rest of the dev team, or brainfart of a monkey that was tasked to do “something” with the demo, and that monkey has nothing to do with being a good designer, that monkey as well has no clue of how demo works and plays right now.

So in other words we are just a fat mage that is disabled.
They could at least make so HS cleanses your debuffs to make them a lite more attractive to actually get. (Kinda like Kyrian phial from SL)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.