Deserteur Debuff

We facing a big issue with premades, unbalanced pvp matches and afk players because of both two factors…

Most of the Battlegrounds you’ll face a full geared Premade which are highly organised like a Rated BG and smashing casual PUGs in the first zerg to the ground…

After the zerg half of the players just standing AFK and others just leaving because its not fun to play…

And theres the problem… you just want to play casual random pvp and having fun with your main char and have to wait 20 min for the BG Inv and get destroyed by a premade…

Now you got two ways to deal with it…
Fight and instantly die for 10 times in a row and get frustrated by the game…
Or leave the Battleground and get that stupid 15 Min debuff just to wait more than a half an hour to play again…

If Blizzard removes or atleast decreases the debuff time more player would be able to play again faster and play more frequent…

Blizzard pls rescue random pvp… it’s one of the last parts of the game which makes fun in a long term…

1 Like

I think removing or reducing the debuff would make the game worse as well. There is a lot of people who just give up 2 minutes in to the game because “it is lost they have 3 bases we have 2”… When half of your team leaves it is not fun either.

I understand your point with PvP being unbalanced but then blizzard needs to:

• Remove premades
  • Fix gear scaling in pvp / bgs (teams with 35k people vs 55k is often a loss)
  • Make sure that you wont have people afk / leeching honor.
3 Likes

Yes i agree that people would give up earlier, but if the can reque fast, the time to wait for the next bg would be reduced a lot.

This Points are the Main Issues but it’s not easy to fix it just to remove premades…
Sometimes i played in a premade too, but just with friends which were casual players like me.

But Premades with huge gear differences minimum 60k vs 35k random players is just ridicolous!

Just alter the deserteur debuff like in LFG HC Dungeons, were you need to play atleast for 5 minutes…

1 Like

Non rated BG especially epic ones should have some form of scaling so everybody of every experience has a chance to enjoy the game in balance, therefore making it more enjoyable for both experienced and new players alike within the battlegrounds.

We had such a System in BFA and it was awful.
It felt like a penalty for having better gear in PVP because of this scaling.

But yes you get your point… maybe Blizz should scale all players to the same ilevel in random battlegrounds.

But thats not the topic of this thread… Blizz need to decrease the deserteur debuff atleast to 5 minutes.
I don’t want to get forced to stay in a lost battleground until its over.
Sometimes i just want to leave and get in another Bg.

Sometimes i have to wait more than half an hour because of the 15 Min Debuff + Time until the BG Invite… this really sucks and i rather prefer to close the game…

I think thats a really, really bad idea. It would lead to people leaving random BG’s more often and in turn making more people join losing bgs and have even more people pissed off in the end.

I have a better idea: add a surrender option. It’s fair to assume that most people wouldn’t want to stay in a bg thats doomed, but dont want the deserter debuff. It’s also fair to assume that more than half of the people feel that way. The mechanisms behind it are already there in form of ready check.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.