Desperate cries from the Horde to the Alliance

You’re mistaking me, mate! My advice is: don’t see one as different from the other. You can casual-RP and have a ‘‘soft goal’’ at the end of it. You just don’t call it a campaign. You take your friends somewhere, even outside into Durotar, and spend three days there ‘‘achieving’’ something small. It encourages players to RP, that’s all. Don’t branch them off into separate boxes inside your mind, as if ‘‘arranged’’ RP has to take great effort and mental planning to achieve - it’s not true. Set a dumb goal, with a foreseeable end, and attempt to achieve it - anything to get the ball rolling. You see what I mean?

3 Likes

F-Friends? You have friends?

Jokes aside though, you’ve got a great point there, even if I know it’s a bit harder for an anxiety-ridden pleb like me, maybe one day I can do it!

4 Likes

Be the guy, my guy. I’m shy IRL. Nervous IRL. A bit awkward IRL. I will not sit in Discord and chat and I don’t make friends easily. But I always try be the guy who rangles up RP’ers to RP just because I love to see stories happening. The great thing is, once you take the leap, it’s impossible to go back. e.g. Your char’ approaches Character A, B, C in Orgrimmar looking distressed and says, ‘‘Some guy stole my wife’s necklace! That was the only thing I had left of her before she died!’’ (Hammer in the importance/sentimentality), and people will usually leap at an opportunity like that.

Once the cat’s out of the bag, the rest of the story will tell itself, because the players will fill in the blanks for you.

Does the guy exist? No. Did it really happen? No. But could the corpse of said guy exist on the Zen’jin Isles after a lengthy romp around Durotar? Heck yes.

6 Likes

Cracks knuckles Now if there’s one thing I’m good at, it’s creating weird NPCs…

Perhaps Ogrimmar might see an influx of strange NPC characters over the next couple days, who knows :eyes:.

3 Likes

Hi! Local Goblin mother here! Started to return on and off to Org more! Hopefully Karen will be joining once again soon. For WHOLESOME and MOTHERLY content. But in reality. The whole focal point of Carol and the Footbomb Mums was to approach anyone and make on the spot RP. And whilst even the silliest themes, like Goblins selling ‘healing oils’. It makes darling RP. With many people quite happy they were approached. When I used to RP her a lot more / RP a lot more. It’d warm my heart when people would /w me thanking me for approaching and getting them into some RP shenanigans.

WoW is filled with introverts with anxiety. Sometimes nothing makes people happier than going up to someone who looks a bit lonely and giving them their own chance to ‘shine’. So yes, making little wonderful stories for people to jump in with, or even drag along with. Is a wonderful thing and I dearly wish you the best of luck with it.

Sorry for the little rant, it’s 5am and I’m nursing a rescue puppy, my brain is not quite in place. :'D

3 Likes

“Did… did someone call me?”

Jera blinked and looked over her shoulder.

“Did someone say… Horde-collaboration?”

2 Likes

I am in the plans of leveling a few hordies for the heritage. And of course, I can’t play a character unless it has an elaborate story and proper TRP in my head. So I’ll make sure to stop by and check things out!

Last time I RPed on my belf in Orgrimmar, some lovely chap was selling cheese and gave me some.

1 Like

One of the problems ya gonna find is a lot of people are off on their own adventures atm. the Scourge are going rampant across Azeroth and the Mawsworn can no doubt be found mucking things up elsewhere too, and that’s before even looking at RPing in the Shadowlands themselves. Theres a lot of RP to be enjoyed, its just not in Valley of Honor of Cathedral Square.

on the 22nd, the Roaming hub makes a return, so defo hit that up!

1 Like

Activity @ Org tends to dip around 8pmish when guilds head off for events etc - you can even usually see them walk off

It’s true that there’s less people there than last year but that’s ultimately a consequence of the story - post-rebellion loyalist guilds leaving the area for example or people RPing in hubs other than Orgrimmar

2 Likes

I actually didn’t know you could do that :joy:

I just assumed you automatically went into it every time you went into a city.

I’ll make sure I leave it next time.

/leave trade or whatever number channel it is.

2 Likes

Just update, update and update the nightborne to be less buglike and with more overlap with the night elves.

No humans tho, else the Alliance needs orcs.

That said, I have a mag’har Blackrock orc I could RP in Orgrimmar with you lot!

1 Like

Imo I personally found it extremely difficult to play down the Horde narrative post-Legion, and I know I am not the only one to share such opinion. And whereas it didn’t necessarily influence the RP altogether - it was simply disheartening and demotivating.

SL is different, but for how long

1 Like

Me and my guild have just moved from Alliance to Horde and so far have found the RP really refreshing. The dynamic is very different to Alliance RP and I’d really suggest having characters on both sides just so you can attend more events!

3 Likes

where have you been i missed you

1 Like

I think this is the best explanation for it. Alliance RP, and Stormwind in particular, has always been the more popular choice for casual, civil RP, and Horde roleplayers have much more of a tendency to gather in guilds and RP among themselves. That’s always been my experience, anyway.

Anyway, I’ll probably return to Orgrimmar soon, once I’ve leveled this guy - Maybe I’ll see you there!

i’ve been trying to get back into RPing in Orgrimmar on my multitude of Orcs, i had fun with the Hand of Conquest getting worked up about the Love is in the Air decorations IC and wondering what the perfume was. it just requires a little effort on the part of the players, if you just assume it’s dead after logging in and standing outside the tavern for half an hour not trying to actively RP with people then you’re a dumb-dumb!

1 Like

Can’t wait for Baine to be revealed he was a villain all along.

Only just returned to WoW! That’s why! Hoping to get Carol & Karen back out on new adventures soon!

1 Like

I used to play a Human Hunter and got really excited when I saw Zandalar in the BfA reveal, switching him to tauren. Then the ‘War of Thorns’ event happened it killed my desire to play Horde completely. They went from ‘different culture and values’ to ‘Bad guys, no question’ and I abandoned the character to go back to Alliance. So I think what your saying holds a lot of weight, as it was certainly my experience.

I still haven’t completed BfA Horde side…

2 Likes