Destruction spec bonuses

I don’t understand ppl that vote season 1 especially after madness has been removed…

Because people don’t want to use CDF and the Dimensional Rift set is mediocre as hell / straight up bad in m+.
It’s not complicated, though says a lot about how dreadful Destro was treat tier-wise this expansion.

1 Like

Season 1

• (2) Set Bonus: Consuming Soul Shards has a chance to grant you Chaos Maelstrom, increasing your critical strike chance by 10% for 10 seconds.

• (4) Set Bonus: Your critical strikes deal 208% damage instead of the usual 200%.

What’s wrong with you

you’ll still play whatever talents sim best lmfao, choice doesn’t exist

back to no mobility, not stacking vers even though its omega good for surv too and being completely dog on sanguine

PLS I’m begging stop voting for s1, it’s back to chaos incarnate, no madness and having to manually applying immos

DR is not bad damage?? lmfao it does good damage and it offers mobility. the problem with dr is that it doesn’t have smart switching of targets

Maybe its time to have cata in spellbook rather then talent,or move to a different nod

2 Likes

The problem is you are forced to take CDF or DR just to use the tier set from S2 and S3
At least with S3 you can play a ANY build and still get use of the tier.
A tier isnt suppose to make you feel forced to take specific talents, its suppose to enchance all of your builds and make you want to explore different ones!
And making us forced to put one of our final talent points in the main tree is AWFUL decision, i would honestly take whoever came up with that idea off class desgin and devolopment on any sort of class related changes. Its fundamentally ruining the whole point of having a class tree, and yes it will only last 1 season but that 1 season is useally 5-6 months, and ruining a class choice of talents for half a year is not good!

Actually chosing the most boring set says a lot.
As many stated tier 3 would be best if it would not be a capstone needed.
It is such a bad feeling to play 3 min rock in m+ after being able to do this as 2 min in m+ in season 2.

For the love of god let us choose the bonus we personally want and have all of these sets available on a vendor. I do not want the s1 tier set with the changes made to the spec. And pls make cataclysm baseline… feels so bad to apply immolates manually, and then when u finally have em up the pack is already dead

2 Likes

I expected that…Even Kalamazi vote for S1 tier :smile: If we can mix set bonuses will be cool or from previous expansions but yeah…

How incredibly sad and disappointing to see season 1 being ahead. That tier set was so tedious and felt unimpactful. Contrary to what I would have thought, I am a massive fan of season 3 simply due to its much needed mobility. Season 3 is the best tier for PvP and raid by a long shot. Season 2 is only good for m+ and season 1 should not even be considered in this debate. I’d sooner see a newly-revamped tier set than go back to season 1.

Time for warlock to be boring as hell! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

The issue is that people do not like being forced into talents.

Season 3 tier set bonus made destro lose alot of aoe power for m+. While it certainly helps mobility for raids, in m+ it means it will suck. Destro competes with Demo and Aff. Aff has a very short cooldown Soul Rot and Demo with 2 bonuses that gives aoe and st power.

Even though Season 2 forces you into CDF, it is the only destro tier set bonus that gives you power ST, AoE and Cleave and it is the tier set that had the most success in m+ and with the most popular talents picked…I have to say that people are not that smart for voting with how they feel.

Puh what measn smart.
Basicly I must admit as a PvE Raid player I also voted for no1.
That was not an easy choice.

Season 3:
The problem is for MPlus the set itself is really strong - but is forces you out of the 2 min gameplay and removes CI. Both makes you suffer in mPlus. For Raid this is strong and provides really good gameplay in terms of doing damage while moving as well as pooling damage for certain phases. Unfortunately raiders and absolutely forced to play mPlus due to the vault system. So you cant separate it.
IF they would add the clause in the season 3 set that it would grant the talent itself this vote would be an absolute nobrainer for Season 3. But it looks like wont happen.

Season 2 is actually pretty nice both settings since we play with cata nowadays and extending the debuffs what are buffed recently is very strong. in raid this bonus was rather mediocre. and yes if you are punched out of the channel the advantage is lost what is the biggest thing we have as a problem with it. Improvement would have been to make it channeling while moving. But also this was not happening.

Season 1 gives you all flexibility for raid and mPlus. Yes it is boring and i would LOVE to go for season 3 but the necessity to skill into a capstone is really hard.
And we are not as strong as demo , the buffs which came were good but did not make us on par.

They’re lying.

Season 2 set would be so much stronger, imagin fyrakk trinket and diurna ring that deal fire dmg, so in total it would work so much better with season 2 set bonus -.- additional to that u can even go with class trinket and be superior in dmg! 4 set give u a total of 8% more fire dmg, so those items even were stronger as they normaly are!

Sorry to say that but class trinket was just bad on destro even with 2min Infernal

S1 voters GIGACHAD

So people go and vote what was strongest, as if they can’t balance the sets, letting whichever clueless dev made dimensional rift a capstone get away with it. Season 3 is the one time destro actually has had mobility since MoP or whenever it was. The same people that complained about mobility are the same ones now picking the boring option, simply because of the capstone problem. And once again, due to ignorance or incompetence, we gotta play the same thing we’ve been playing since 2014.

1 Like

This is straight up a design problem. They offer us choices, one boring option and 2 ones that force u into specific talent builds. Whoever designed this talent tree and/or set bonuses clearly hasn’t played this spec long enough to understand what’s good or not.

1 Like