Dethroning Confusion

So my guild master has been inactive for three months now. I know that I can dethrone someone if they’ve been gone for 90 days, however, I can’t seem to do that. Does three months not mean 90 days? I can’t seem to dethrone on my rank one or rank two characters, and I’ve been trying since he hit three months and that’s been a few days by now. The GM wanted me to dethrone him when he hit 90 days of inactivity too. Cheers in advance!

I’m assuming you got it sorted as I can see you’re showing as GL now … for others who may be having the same problem - what was the solution?

Hey Poisonenvy,

If the Guild Master has been inactive for a long period of time (90 consecutive days or longer), the Dethrone option becomes available to those of rank 2 and 3 within the guild. For more information on this, have a look into the Replacing an Inactive Guild Leader Support article.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

It was likely not 90 full days… i.e. you cant dethrone on the 90th day until the exact time of day that a full 90 days applies… (89 days 23 hours wont cut it :stuck_out_tongue: )

A savvy GM will set it up to avoid this.

You may have missed what was said in his original post:

(though re the second comment, the GM could have just promoted him before he left)

Never mind.

haha there seems to have been a lot of confusion on this thread :stuck_out_tongue: I got a blue replying to me as if I was the one having the problem :stuck_out_tongue:

The reason I was asking what the solution had been was because the OP seemed to suggest that both things I would have suggested checking (their rank and that it had definitely been 90 days) they seem to have covered in their post.

I do know that on the one time I’ve done it in the past, I found it difficult to find the option, even though it was there for me, so wondered if that was simply the issue.