Devilsaur Leather Stealing

Didn’t realise this was a thing? Super disappointed to see this actually happens. Skizel an Orc rogue has apparently been doing it to quite a few people. Surely this has got to be against the terms of service? If anyone knows this rogue, or if you are here Skizel - don’t be that guy. Please stop it. If you cap the mob, great, get your skin. If not, don’t be a ninja…Alternatively, Blizzard, please may you enforce something against it. It’s incredibly frustrating that (even with an addon) after you loot, it’s still quicker for someone who’s kill it isn’t actually, can skin quicker than you can.

1 Like

Ninja skinning is not against the rules. So, just fight that rogue or bring friends :slight_smile:

He can’t fight his faction.

Welcome to vanilla!

2 Likes

It’s harassment - report it and he will get a ban

1 Like

no he wont

Yes - as it happens - he will - because it’s griefing / harassment and breaches the standards expected of players

1 Like

This is why i like pvp in bdo, its the survival of the fittest :slight_smile:

There are a lot of this going around with skinning. It’s normal in any other profession in the game but somehow people seems to think that because they killed the monster they own the leather. It’s a bad behavior in any situation, but from what I gather, the best way to get rid of the thieves is to not loot the Dino at all and just sit there, wasting both your time and his time while watching money erasing itself.

Ehhh, yes he will, its griefing. I got a ban in vanilla for exactly this!!

A friend got banned for ninjapulling to wipe people in ubrs.

I was a douchbag, deserved it. Bought up all essences and clothes on AH and out it out for 4x the price…

Ended up having to change my ways (and server) and this is now one of the things i love about classic.

Reputation matters.

2 Likes

Just had this happen to me on Shazzrah EU (won’t mention the players name but it was a Troll Hunter). I only wish I’d known how to report the guy before he rode off as you don’t appear to be able to do it unless you’ve been directly /w by them or can click on their name plate…

EDIT: Just as an aside, are these guys using some sort of skinning macro/addon that lets them skin faster than normal players? I left the corpse of one devilsaur for around three minutes before stealthing back to it and noticed the guy was still camping it. I looted straight into a skin and he still got it before I did. I ask because unless he was sat there spam skinning with sub-15ms ping time I can’t work out how he consistently skinned it before me…

so, if i’m leveling Skinning and walking in Barrens skinning npc corpses that other people killed minutes ago - i can get ban as well? because WHAT IF they planned to skin it 10 mins after they killed them? XD

Where is the border?

If I see the ore spawn and kill NPCs that protects it and someone jumps in and mines it while im fighting - is it also against the rules then? and he will get banned?

I’d say, its just a Devilsaur corpse that is skinnable. The fact that you killed it doesnt bind it to you. Just like the fact that a miner killed an NPC doesn’t bid the ore to him.

I wish I was skinner so I could sap the Alliance and skin “their” Devilsaurs XD

This reply was really dumb. Ofc left corpses are different, ofc you cant get banned then.

Why would you compare low quality leather and devilsaur…?

stealing a devilsaur skin under the nose of your fellow faction member is griefing. Blizz also thinks so.

Work on your morales man…

1st rule: don’t make it personal.
That’s not how adults discuss things.

so:
stealing a Rich thorium vein or a Black lotus from a guy who is killing an NPC to gather it… is OK.

But you skinners are so greedy people. when it comes to Devilsaur leather, its a griefing.

Called your arguments dumb not you so dont try to act like a victim, your the one defending extremly poor and childish behaviour.

You are not convincing anyone with your weak attempts to justify what im now asuming is your own behaviour. Only reason for defending it is if your «one of those guys».

And no its not the same with thorium veins, you dont have to defeat the vein to mine it, you cant tag it it anyway.

But blizz can check logs for the skinning.

Its not a debate or open for interpetition, doubt blizzard have changed their views on this from when i got banned for it.

2 Likes
  1. You can’t convince dumb people, even if you have arguments.
    Dumb people have none, they are just about “I’m always right” logic.

2. Im not even a skinner.

but sometimes you have to defeat 2-3 NPCs that are right next to it.
you can’t mine when they are alive.

Or sometimes there is an elite staying right on top of Black lotus.

How is that really different??

I’m not defending anything.
I still think that it’s a bad behaviour to skin someone’s Devilsaur.
(just like looting someone’s Black Lotus, when they are killing an NPC protecting it)

But griefing? bannable? LOL

1 Like

Yeah GJ dude, first you accuse me of personal attacks, then i point out that i was talking about your aegument and not you.

Your response: «lol you so dumb cant be convinced of nuthin»

Yeeeeh… well played 10/10

And this is just simply a fact, you can get banned for stealing skins from your own faction members. It is considered griefing.
Nothing to «lol» about, its just the way it is.

Difference between veins, herbs and orbs are
one got logs to prove, the other one is to hard to bother with. That is the difference. That simple.

Griefing isnt simply about actions but about the intent behind them which can be hard to prove.

Well, you called my reply “dumb”. Specificly.
you made it personal.

by the way, I didn’t call you dumb.
I just said that dumb people can’t be convinced. If you consider yourself as one - that’s your choice.

I know at least two guys who is “getting fun of it”. I’m not a fan of it, but thats what they are doing a lot.
One on Horde Noggenfogger, one on Ally Firemaw. None of them got banned so far.
So I doubt that.

Yeah in done with this. Your obviously one of those people with an «im always right» mentality you just mentioned.

Good luck with that.

thats what you say, Gents, when u lost a debate.

Good luck to u as well.