Devourer: Suggestions For Improvements

The Demon Hunter class was designed for high mobility fast paced combat, while Devourer fails to do this. The Specialization doesn’t feel right, the combat doesn’t feel good for me (and I’m sure I’m not alone). I love the void aesthetic and would love to play Devourer though, was really looking forward to it until I discovered I didn’t like playing it.

This is what’s wrong: Consume takes too long to cast, so does Collapsing Star, this feels jarring.

Suggestions for how to fix it:

Add 2 new talents

  1. Option for Consume and Collapsing Star’s cast time and damage to be reduced by 50%. (or whatever values are balanced) (For example as an option on the right side of Devourer talent tree)
  2. Option for all abilities to become melee range, Consume could become Consuming Strike (Instant melee attack), or perhaps deals much less damage but with 0.1-0.25 second cast time (For example on the left side along with the other melee talents).

With the first talent you keep the ranged playstyle but the cast time is no longer so long, allowing for a more fast paced feel to the combat, more in line with the other Specializations.
The second talent reworks Devourer to play like Havoc and Vengeance.

I like that Devourer has the ranged caster option, but that option doesn’t feel right to me as a fan of the melee Demon Hunter playstyle and feeling. But I really love the Void aesthetic much more than Fel, so I was really looking forward to playing Devourer, feels like such a shame that it doesn’t match my hopes and expectations. I’m honestly considering model editing the game assests to make my Havoc have the Devourer Void cosmetics.

Lastly, Devourer having that cool scythe but unable to use Polearms or better yet; Staves with a void blade cosmetic effect attached to the head of the staff making it look like a scythe is such a missed opportunity, it would be awesome. It would also fulfill the promise/fantasy given to us by Allari The Souleater (DH NPC with a scythe). Staves are an INT weapon and Devourer is an INT class, it would be really fitting.

If all these changes or something like them was added to Devourer they would be so much cooler and fun to play as. I’m not arguing for exactly these things necessarily, just something that effectively does the same.

Does anyone else want something like this? What other changes would you want?

1 Like

totally agree with you, all i wanted since they announced devourer as third spec was to play havoc but with all that is fel to be replaced by void, i m now stuck playing devourer because i can not go back to havoc, it feels so outdated, the regular eye beam spell aimation is so weak compared to void ray spell animation, empowered eye beam is ok ish, in my opinion regular eye beam should have the spell animation of empowered eye beam or void ray’s and empowered eye beam spell animation should have been like the one that Felmaster Lucsei has, from murder row dungeon

1 Like

You have 9% haste. This would make any caster feel terrible, devourer moreso.

1 Like

Useless since you want haste = mastery anyway. And you stack haste during meta.
Why is it useless? You will be GCD capped making the talent worthless and non functioning.

Just…play havoc and let devourer be its own thing?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.